Getting Started at SLC
We know that starting college can be an overwhelming process for some and this Student Checklist is one of many resources to help make your transition easier. Use the checklist as your guide to ensure you’re fully prepared to begin your journey at SLC! This checklist will be updated with new information in the coming weeks.
SLC.me is where you will find everything from reviewing your application status, paying fees, upcoming class information, student resources, and much more. Your username and password were sent to your personal email used when you applied at OntarioColleges.ca. If you have issues logging in, please email email@example.com.
Congratulations! Don’t forget to confirm your offer from SLC and complete any outstanding conditions. If you have questions or need help with your application or acceptance, please contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A deposit of $250 ($2,350 CAD for International Students) is required to confirm your spot in your program
- Deposits are due Dec. 1, 2020
- The balance of tuition is due Jan. 5, 2021, in most cases
- Find more information in the fee FAQs
- A bursary or scholarship can make a difference in helping you pay for college
- They range between $500 to $3,000
- Fill out one application to apply for all SLC bursaries and scholarships
- More than 500 bursaries were provided to students across our three campuses last year
- Learn more about the bursary and scholarships program
UR SLC connects you to Orientation, campus events, clubs, campus resources, and much more throughout your college career. Download from the App Store / Google Play or Login Here on your computer. Sign in with your SLC.me username and password. Note: Students will not have access to UR SLC until AFTER the deposit is paid.
Your individual program requirements will be confirmed shortly, but we recommend people have a computer and wifi access for their courses. Materials and your student learning platform are not optimized for mobile devices and can require significant amounts of bandwidth to access.
- If you're receiving funds from an RESP or other education savings fund, you can generate a verification of enrolment letter through your slc.me account
- Select the orange "My Hub" button, then "My Academics" and finally "Request enrolment verification". Choose the desired term and click "Create Letter".
- Your student card is your college identification while on campus and is required to access certain services.
- Click here for more details about the student card process.
- No student cards will be generated on campus or in person and must be received by mail.
- Booklists are available on your slc.me account.
- Timetables will be released soon.
- Please note that full-time students who have paid their fees and are in good standing with the College will be enrolled in their classes by Jan. 8, 2021. Some exceptions may occur. Part-time students will be enrolled the week of Jan. 11-15.
- Students' OSAP will be released after timetables have been confirmed.
First day of Classes
Jan. 18, 2021 is the first day of classes for most programs. Please visit the campus information page for important information on student supports, services, resources, program delivery, and safety requirements.