St. Lawrence College has a parking management system which enhances customer service by conducting permit sales, infraction payments, and changes and updates online. Our online parking system can be accessed from any computer or mobile device, and provides a convenient way to manage your St. Lawrence College parking account.
Parking Permits for 2020/2021 available September 1, 2020
To purchase a parking permit, please follow these steps:
- Log into the parking management system
- If you are a new user, create a new account with your college email address to continue.
- Register your vehicle and licence plate for the permit you are selecting.
- Your purchase will be reviewed and approved by parking. Once approved, your electronic parking permit will be active.
- Print off your electronic parking permit and display it on the dash of your vehicle every time you park on campus.
*Please note, physical permits will not be mailed out this year. All vehicles parked on campus must be correctly registered.
Fall (September 1, 2020 – December 31, 2020) $167.00 plus HST
Winter (January 1, 2021– April 30, 2021) $167.00 plus HST
Spring/Summer (May 1, 2021 – August 31, 2021) $55.00 plus HST
$42.00 plus HST for each calendar month
DAILY PAY & DISPLAY
Daily Pay & Display Permit: $7.75/day, taxes included. Daily parking permits can be purchased through HonkMobile.com or at the Honk Kiosk located outside the security office on each campus.
All vehicles must be registered electronically for parking Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 8:30pm. No exceptions.
The traffic and parking regulations for St. Lawrence College are authorized by the College’s Executive Committee. The operation of a vehicle on St. Lawrence College property or parking on the property are privileges, which are granted by the College. Parking is provided on a first-come, first served basis. Availability of a parking space is not guaranteed. The College reserves the right to control motor vehicle use and to take action for violation of the Traffic and Parking Regulations. St. Lawrence assumes no responsibility for any damage to a motor vehicle while it is driven or parked on College property. Drivers and pedestrians use our lots at their own risk.
Only those motor vehicles that adhere to the Traffic and Parking Regulations are authorized to use the parking facilities. It is expected that all drivers using College lots will abide by the following specific regulations or risk receiving a parking ticket, or having their vehicle towed at their risk and expense.
1. Vehicles must clearly display a valid parking permit or meter ticket face up on the front windshield, dash or rearview mirror.
2. Permits may have up to two vehicles registered but only one vehicle may park on campus at a time.
3. Parking permits are registered to the purchaser and are non-transferrable. No exceptions.
4. Parking permits are valid only for license plates registered to that permit.
5. Only students living in Residence are authorized to park 24 hours/day. The vehicle must display the approved Residence permit. Residence vehicles must be registered with Residence staff and permits will be appropriately identified. These vehicles may be required to relocate as necessary for parking lot maintenance and snow removal. No other overnight parking permitted after midnight unless authorized by Security.
6. Vehicles must be parked within the painted lines that designate a parking space.
7. Vehicles must be parked only in authorized parking areas, avoiding doorways, sidewalks, grassed or landscaped areas, designated fire routes, loading zones and receiving areas.
8. Vehicles cannot block or obstruct pedestrian and/or vehicle traffic.
9. Vehicles parked in any area designated as accessible parking must clearly display an authorized accessible parking permit and the appropriate College permit.
10. Vehicles parked in a space designated with a coin-operated parking meter must insert appropriate coins to activate the meter, regardless of any other parking pass displayed on the vehicle.
11. Theft, counterfeiting or altering of parking permits will be considered a serious offense by the College and appropriate action will be taken, up to and including the removal of the vehicle from the property at the owner’s expense. Permits should always be secured in a locked vehicle.
The speed limit on all College property is 25 km/h unless posted otherwise. Please drive safely for the protection of other drivers and pedestrians.
PICK UP & DROP OFF AREAS
Most major entry points allow for easy pick up and drop off. Vehicles cannot be left unattended at entrances. Shipping & Receiving areas can be used for any staff member who requires a secure area to drop materials before parking their vehicle.
A vehicle left on College property for a continuous period of 48 hours or more will be considered as “abandoned” and will be treated as such by the College.
MOTORCYCLES and SOFT TOPS
Motorcycles are entitled to park in a vehicle parking space, a maximum of two per space. Motorcycles are not required to display a parking permit, but a permit must be purchased. The license plate must be registered to a valid permit.
Parking is only permitted in the parking lots designated. Absence of signage does not mean that parking is permitted.
The Traffic and Parking Regulations are strictly enforced by the governing body of St. Lawrence College. Vehicles contravening these regulations may be: • issued a parking ticket, and/or, • towed away at the owner’s risk and expense St. Lawrence College reserves the right to tow a vehicle at any time where there is evidence of deliberate intent to avoid paying parking fees. Parking tickets must be paid online at https://slc.aimsparking.com
Semester permit refunds are subject to a $30 administration fee and may only be returned during the following time periods:
- Fall Permit: September 1 – September 19, 2020
- Winter Permit: January 1 – January 22, 2021
- Spring/Summer Permit: May 1 – May 21, 2021
Refunds can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your parking permit has been lost or stolen, please report it immediately to your campus Security Office. A $50.00 administrative fee will apply for a replacement.
If you have special circumstances or issues related to parking at St. Lawrence College, please email email@example.com. We will be happy to assist you!
Temporary Parking Permits (maximum of two months) are issued at St. Lawrence College by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be asked to provide medical documentation from your Doctor stating the need for a temporary disabled parking permit. If you do not have a Doctor, St. Lawrence College can refer you.
The temporary parking permit must be used with a valid St. Lawrence College Parking Pass to avoid receiving parking infractions.
St. Lawrence College has an online carpooling program for students, staff, and faculty on the Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall campuses. The program allows you to travel exclusively with SLC students, staff, and faculty, and is convenient, economical, and green.
Please be aware that when carpooling each carpool vehicle must have its own permit registered under the vehicle owner’s parking account.
Any fees or fines incurred will be the permit holder’s responsibility.