All students are welcome to apply for an official SLC student card. They will be ready for pick up starting Monday, August 29, 2022.
NEW full-time students or RETURNING full-time Students without a card or have an expired card should request a card.
*No cards will be handed out before Monday, August 29, 2022.
Note: Student ID cards are required to access the library, printing, residence, meal plan, test centre, any secured labs/classrooms, and more.
How do I Apply for an SLC Student ID card?
Who should apply for a Student ID card?
- New Full-time Students who have paid their deposit or full tuition.
- Returning Students who have paid their deposit or full tuition, who was not issued a card in the previous year, has expired or lost card.
*Kingston Students only- Returning Students, if you still have valid card, you can pick up bus pass sticker starting Monday, August 29, 2022. Just remember to bring card with you and proof of schedule!!
Where do I pick up my Student ID Card?
Starting Monday, August 29, 2022
Kingston campus Muis Lounge, Student Association – 2nd Floor
Brockville campus Student Services
Cornwall campus Student Services
*Remember to bring one piece of ID and know your student number. Cards will be in alpha order by first name!!
For urgent Student ID Card questions, please send an e-mail to: studentidcards@SL.On.Ca
STUDENT ID CARDS
- Your card can be used as identification for athletic events, pubs, elections, weekend access, test rooms, computer labs, etc.
Library Borrowing Privileges
- Your card must be presented and scanned by the library staff every time library materials are checked out.
Health Insurance Coverage at Pharmacies
- During the school year, you must present your card at the pharmacy, as your claim secure number is located on the back of your card.
- During the summer months, you may make a claim by using the claim form, which is available through our local campus Health Centre or through Student Services.
- Health insurance coverage is available to full-time students only.
- For more information, see slc.me entitled "Student Insurance" or visit www.wespeakstudent.com.
- You can load your card with funds in order to access a cafeteria meal plan. See your local cafeteria staff for details.
- When you live in residence, your card must be presented and scanned in order for you to enter the main doors of the residence.
- You can load your card with funds at the St. Lawrence College Bookstore in order to add additional printing and photocopying to your account.
Lab Access (Kingston Only)
- Your card must be scanned at the door in order to gain access to specific labs on campus.
- Brockville & Cornwall campuses - your card must be presented and scanned at the door to gain access to the fitness facility.
- Kingston campus - your card must be presented and scanned at the door to gain access to the SHAC.
- This card also gives you unlimited access to the local Kingston Family YMCA's.
Kingston Campus Transit Pass
- Students who are enrolled in a minimum of three (3) courses (at least 135 hours) and have department approval, may be eligible to purchase the Kingston Transit pass. The cost is $95 per semester
Using your Card - Part-time Students
- General Identification
- Library borrowing privileges
- Meal plan (min. of $10 must be applied)
Student Card Policy
- It is for your personal use and is valid only until the expiry date displayed on the front of the card
- You are responsible for returning the card if asked to do so
- You should carry your SLC Student ID card at all times on any St. Lawrence College campus
- If you are asked by an authorized person (e.g. security staff) on campus for identification, you must produce your card immediately
- Your SLC Student ID card is not valid if defaced or damaged
- Any attempt to obtain a SLC Student ID card fraudulently or any improper use of the card will be dealt with under the Student Code of Conduct (see slc.me for Code of Conduct)
- Use of the card for any of its functions by any person other than the one named on the card is prohibited
- It is the responsibility of the person named on the card to keep it in good condition and working order
- If you lose your card, take the time to search for it thoroughly, as there is a charge for a new one and a refund cannot be given if the old card is found
- Any lost/damaged cards can be replaced for a fee of $20.00, payable with Student Services
- Do not punch a hole in your student ID card, as this will damage the card and you will be required to purchase a replacement card
- If you have a meal plan on your lost card, it is your responsibility to inform the campus cafeteria it is lost as they can put a hold on your meal plan.
- Once you have a replacement card, take the replacement card to your campus cafeteria and have the balance remaining transferred to your new card.
- The SLC Student ID card is an identification card. Possession of a false or altered card is a serious offence, which may result in confiscation of the card and/or disciplinary action
Student Card Do's & Don'ts
- Keep your card safe
- Keep your card in a plastic holder or sleeve, as you must pay a $20.00 replacement fee if your card is damaged
- Keep your card with you at all times on campus
- Expose your SLC Student ID card to excessive heat, moisture, or magnetic sources including other magnetic strip cards
- Allow your SLC Student ID card to move freely in your bag, case, or pocket as the card can crack or bend
- This damages the card, which will then have to be replaced at your expense
- Don't punch a hole in the card as this will damage the card and it will not work properly with access or meal plan
Card holders are available in the bookstore for purchase