ALL Student ID Cards including lost/damaged cards will be issued by submitting a photo through email.
Your card will be mailed to your mailing/home address directly.
All students will be issued an official SLC student card and will be mailed to your mailing/home address.
Student cards are required to access library, printing, residence, meal plan, test centre, any secured labs/classrooms, and more.
- Full-Time Students: Full-time students at St. Lawrence College who have paid full-time tuition and compulsory fees as part of their full-time (daytime) program are eligible to receive a St. Lawrence College Student ID card.
- Part-Time Students*: Part-time students may purchase a student card with Student Services for a fee of $10.00.
- Apprenticeship Students*: Apprenticeship students can purchase a student card with Student Services for a fee of $10, department approval required.
- College Prep Students*: College prep students are required to purchase a student card with Student Services for a fee of $10.
*Additional fee required.
How do I submit my photo?
New Students - can submit photo once you have paid your deposit.
Returning Students - can submit photo for a lost/damaged card once you have paid your current years deposit.
Please follow the guidelines listed below.
- All photos will be subject to review by Student Services
- If your photo is rejected, you will receive an email notification asking you to upload another photo that meets the criteria mentioned below
- Your photo should be professional
- This will be your Student ID throughout your tenure at SLC
- Once you have successfully submitted your photo, you will not be able to upload another photo unless your original photo is rejected
Make sure your photo HAS the following:
- Neutral background (white, off-white, cream, beige, light grey)
- Face the camera straight on
- Eyes open and visible
- Glasses can be removed if there is a glare
- Good lighting
- Taken indoors
- Color photo
- Photo from the shoulders up, with space above the head
- Passport – appropriate photos; smiling allowed
- Photo should be in focus, not blurry
- Photo should be portrait not landscape
Make sure your photo DOES NOT have the following:
- Other people, animals, or objects in the photo
- Hat or sunglasses
- Clothing that obscures your face
- Glare on glasses
- Exaggerated expression
- Poor quality image
- Shadows, glare, or dark spots
- Use your e-mail with subject line:
Your Last Name, First Name - Example: Smith, John
- Photo format:
.jpg or jpeg format, as an attachment, 500k or less in size
- Save your photo:
Please use the following naming convention for your photo file: Student#LastNameFirstName (ex. S1234567SmithJohn.jpeg)
- Send to: email@example.com
- From: your email (SLC student email or personal)
- When: Once your tuition deposit is paid you can submit your photo for your student card
- Deadline: Wednesday, August 12, 2020
Note: Photos submitted after deadline will not be mailed on time for the first day of class.
- Check the address you have on file through SLC.me
My Hub > Personal Information
- If the address appears incorrect:
- Click on Home Address
- Choose the edit button or you add a new address
Using Your Card – Full-time Students
- Your card can be used as identification for athletic events, pubs, elections, weekend access, test rooms, computer labs, etc.
Library Borrowing Privileges
- Your card must be presented and scanned by the library staff every time library materials are checked out.
Health Insurance Coverage at Pharmacies
- During the school year, you must present your card at the pharmacy, as your claim secure number is located on the back of your card.
- During the summer months, you may make a claim by using the claim form, which is available through our local campus Health Centre or through Student Services.
- Health insurance coverage is available to full-time students only.
- For more information, see slc.me entitled "Student Insurance" or visit www.wespeakstudent.com.
- You can load your card with funds in order to access a cafeteria meal plan. See your local cafeteria staff for details.
- When you live in residence, your card must be presented and scanned in order for you to enter the main doors of the residence.
- You can load your card with funds at the St. Lawrence College Bookstore in order to add additional printing and photocopying to your account.
Lab Access (Kingston Only)
- Your card must be scanned at the door in order to gain access to specific labs on campus.
- Brockville & Cornwall campuses - your card must be presented and scanned at the door to gain access to the fitness facility.
- Kingston campus - your card must be presented and scanned at the door to gain access to the SHAC.
- This card also gives you unlimited access to the local Kingston Family YMCA's.
Bus Pass (Kingston Only)
- Bus passes will not be included in your Fall 2020 tuition
- Starting August 24, students can purchase a student bus pass directly from Kingston Transit Here
- This pass is offered to all post-secondary students in Kingston with the collaboration of the Student Association of St. Lawrence College and The Alma Mater Society of Queen's University
- The pass will be valid from Sept 1, 2020 - Jan 3, 2021 for a total cost of $119 + tax
Using your Card - Part-time Students
- General Identification
- Library borrowing privileges
- Meal plan (min. of $10 must be applied)
Student Card Policy
- It is for your personal use and is valid only until the expiry date displayed on the front of the card
- You are responsible for returning the card if asked to do so
- You should carry your SLC Student ID card at all times on any St. Lawrence College campus
- If you are asked by an authorized person (e.g. security staff) on campus for identification, you must produce your card immediately
- Your SLC Student ID card is not valid if defaced or damaged
- Any attempt to obtain a SLC Student ID card fraudulently or any improper use of the card will be dealt with under the Student Code of Conduct (see slc.me for Code of Conduct)
- Use of the card for any of its functions by any person other than the one named on the card is prohibited
- It is the responsibility of the person named on the card to keep it in good condition and working order
- If you lose your card, take the time to search for it thoroughly, as there is a charge for a new one and a refund cannot be given if the old card is found
- Any lost/damaged cards can be replaced for a fee of $20.00, payable with Student Services
- Do not punch a hole in your student ID card, as this will damage the card and you will be required to purchase a replacement card
- If you have a meal plan on your lost card, it is your responsibility to inform the campus cafeteria it is lost as they can put a hold on your meal plan.
- Once you have a replacement card, take the replacement card to your campus cafeteria and have the balance remaining transferred to your new card.
- The SLC Student ID card is an identification card. Possession of a false or altered card is a serious offence, which may result in confiscation of the card and/or disciplinary action
Student Card Do's & Don'ts
- Keep your card safe
- Keep your card in a plastic holder or sleeve, as you must pay a $20.00 replacement fee if your card is damaged
- Keep your card with you at all times on campus
- Expose your SLC Student ID card to excessive heat, moisture, or magnetic sources including other magnetic strip cards
- Allow your SLC Student ID card to move freely in your bag, case, or pocket as the card can crack or bend
- This damages the card, which will then have to be replaced at your expense
- Don't punch a hole in the card as this will damage the card and it will not work properly with access or meal plan
Card holders are available in the bookstore for purchase