Students with in-person activity will only be notified IF their class, lab, or placement is impacted by the lockdown.

Continuing Education


Continuing Education offers a variety of courses and programs that enable you to upgrade your skills, ignite your passion for learning and help you achieve your educational goals.

Winter/Spring 2021 continuing education courses will be offered via Alternate Delivery.

Come see what Continuing Education has to offer by joining our free, online information session. Find out what you can expect throughout the in-depth presentation and get answers to all your questions directly from SLC staff & faculty during our live Q&A. Click the dates to register!

January 20 @ 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM 

January 21 @ 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM

February 24  @ 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM 

February 24  @ 6:30 PM - 7:00 PM

General Information

Part-time students must be 19 years of age or older, or have a secondary school diploma to enroll in credit courses.

Book lists can be viewed through your account. Books may be purchased online and shipped directly to you or in-store pick up.

To view each campus bookstore online:

Classroom locations are printed on all course confirmation receipts but are subject to change. Room numbers are posted at the main entrances of the College the first night of class. Note: Please make your family aware of your classroom number and the course in which you are enrolled. The Freedom of Information and Protection of Individual Privacy Act prevents St. Lawrence College from giving out this information to anyone, including family or friends.

Every effort will be made to offer courses as listed this semester. All courses are subject to cancellation by the College. To help avoid cancellation due to insufficient enrollment, register at least one week before the course start date.

Students will be emailed a course confirmation once registered. Use this confirmation as an unofficial tax receipt (for reimbursement purposes). This form includes your student number and course details such as start date, time, room number, and fee.

Fees are payable in full at the time of registration. A late payment fee of $25 will be charged to those who attend a course without paying prior to the first class attended. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy of fees, where there is a discrepancy, the correct fee will be charged. Note: GST Business Number 10802 7202 RT0001.

Once you have completed your program you must Apply to Graduate. To confirm you have met the requirements for your program contact Online and Continuing Education.

Parking As of September 1, 2019 parking is no longer collected in Continuing Education course fees.

Proof of paid parking must be displayed Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 8:30pm. No exceptions.

Official tax receipts are mailed out by February 28 for eligible courses taken between January 1 and December 31 of the previous year. To receive your receipt promptly, please ensure we have your correct mailing address.

Students must identify themselves as seniors (65 years or older) when registering to receive a 15% discount off the tuition portion of funded course fees. Please contact Student Services for exact rates. No discounts are granted for supplies fees, non-funded, or general interest courses.

Contact the test centre at your campus for more information.

Students who register for a course which is full may be placed on a term wait list, and given priority to register if an opening becomes available. If admitted from a wait list, fees must be paid immediately in order to ensure the space is held. Wait lists do not carry forward to the next term.


(This policy pertains to Continuing Education credit and non-credit courses):  A full refund if the course is cancelled by the College. A refund less a $25 administrative fee, per course, if the withdrawal request is received in writing/email five (5) business days prior to the start date of the course. Withdrawal requests must be forwarded to Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal from a course. 

Still have questions?


Plans for the summer of 2021 are already underway and we look forward to seeing you then. Stay tuned.

Summer School of the Arts Team

Christina Chrysler
Coordinator, 1000 Islands Summer School of the Arts, Continuing Education

Shelley Hall
Administrative Support, Continuing Education

Debbie Kiely
Manager, Continuing Education

Contact us at

Summer Accommodations: Stay on Campus!

Need a place to stay while you take a 1000 Islands Summer School of the Arts course? Consider our campus residence rooms, all within close proximity to the majestic St. Lawrence River. Click on each campus to learn more about summer accommodations in our Kingston,  Brockville, and Cornwall campus residences.

Teach with us

Are you interested in being part of our 2020 programming? Click here to complete our brief information form to be added to our Instructor Directory. You will be provided with an opportunity to submit up to 3 course ideas per form. Thank you for your interest in the 1000 Islands Summer School of the Arts! (also known as Road Safety Association of Ontario - RSAO), our long-time teaching partner of motorcycle training administer the delivery, registration and operation of the motorcycle and Spyder training courses.

RSAO is devoted to motorcycle safety and delivers quality motorcycle training. They provide expert instructors and curriculum approved by the Ministry of Transportation. 

Courses remain at St. Lawrence College Kingston Campus and motorcycle training courses will be coming to Cornwall as well. For more information on licensing requirement, course schedule/details and to register go to 


Introduction to Motorcycling

  • M2 (M1 Exit)
  • M2 Exit

Graduated Licensing


You can only obtain your M1 license by going to a Ministry of Transportation Driver Examination Centre and taking a written test and an eyesight test.

Your M1 license must be kept for 2 months, and cannot be used for more than 3 months. The M1 allows you to ride a motorcycle on the road, but with the following restrictions:
A. You cannot ride at night.
B. You cannot carry passengers.
C. You cannot ride on roads with speed limits in excess of 80 km/h. 
D. You cannot drink and ride (Blood Alcohol Content must be zero).

At any time during this 3 month period, you can register for, and take the Canada Safety Council Motorcycle Training Program. When you pass, you can then go to a Drive Test Centre with your ID and get your M2 license. If your 2 month time period has not expired, you will be required to wait until the 2 months have passed.


Your M2 license must be kept for a minimum of 18 months. The only restriction on your M2 license is that you still are not allowed to drink and ride (a very sensible idea under any circumstances). The maximum length of time before your M2 expires is five years. Within the 18 month to 5 year time frame, you must try a test for your permanent M license (courses are available). If you allow the five years to elapse, the Ministry will cancel your motorcycle license. If you take and pass the M2 Exit course you can then go to a Drive Test Centre with your ID to get you your permanent M license.

Test Centre Services at SLC campuses are currently suspended, and exams cannot be scheduled at this time.

Register for an exam with TSSA.

For any questions or concerns please contact the TSSA Certification and Examination Services Department directly, by phone 416-734-3590, E-Mail:

The Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA) issues Certificates of Qualification for individuals to work legally in TSSA’s regulated Fuels industry.  Candidates, who successfully complete the G3 or G2 program, have three attempts to write the TSSA exam within one year of the practical completion date.  Candidates must achieve 75% or higher in order to receive the TSSA Certificate of Qualification.

For more information about TSSA Gas Technician/Oil Burner Technician Policies and Procedures contact TSSA 1.877.682.8772 to speak with a customer service representative.

Note: An examination candidate who is challenging a higher-level certification (G2, OBT-2 etc.) must have TSSA written approval, before they are eligible to register for the exam.  After successful completion of the theory examination (75% minimum), the exam candidate is responsible for contacting TSSA for the practical assessment.

Note: If an exam candidate is unsuccessful, they are eligible to re-write 30 days from the original examination date.

We use cookies to ensure you the best navigation experience. By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Learn more about our privacy policy.

We use cookies to ensure you the best navigation experience. By using our website, you agree to our use of cookies.
Learn more about our privacy policy.