Congratulations! By choosing SLC, you are opening the door to your future. With an outstanding student experience and support, SLC is the perfect place to gain the skills needed to reach your career goals.
Our college is home to the St. Lawrence Surge, the name under which our Varsity teams participate in the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA). All SLC students are part of the Surge family, whether they’re cheering on our teams or playing on them at the Varsity, Extramural, Intramural, or Recreational level #SurgeTogether.
Welcome to the SLC Surge Family, we're excited to have you!
* Are you an International Student? Reach out to one of our regional managers to learn more about accepting your offer. If you are applying through an agency, please reach out to your representative for next steps.
STEP 1 - Accept your Offer
Log in now to accept your offer at ontariocolleges.ca. The due date is listed in your offer email. Check your slc.me portal to view any conditions of acceptance and deadlines.
STEP 2 - Secure your seat
To secure your seat in the program, you’ll need to make a deposit payment by June 15th (or by the due date listed in your offer email). Now is a great time to review OSAP details, and begin looking into college bursaries and scholarships, and student jobs. Check back often, as more may be added as they are available.
Learn more about how to pay for college
STEP 3 - stay connected
Get a head start in meeting your classmates! Join our incoming students' Facebook group to meet new friends and connect with senior student leaders. - Click here to join. Follow us on our social media platforms to stay updated with the latest news.
We will communicate with you via email with important details about deadlines and due dates. You can find application updates and other important information on your SLC.me student portal.
STEP 4 - live on campus
Living in residence is a great way to begin your college experience, make new friends, and immerse yourself in life at SLC.
Apply for residence as soon as you accept your offer.
STEP 5 - HEAR FROM YOUR PEERS
Curious what life at SLC is like? Check out our student-made videos and explore what a day-in-the-life at SLC can look like.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- We will begin to send offers November 3, 2021 with some exceptions.
- If you have applied to one or more of our highly competitive programs, we will begin to release offers the week of March 1, 2022
- Check online at ontariocolleges.ca and make sure we have the correct email address for you. Check your email account frequently for updated information. If you haven’t received an email from the College, make sure to check the junk/spam folder in your email account.
- Make sure you have not opted out of receiving emails from SLC as this is the way the College communicates about your application.
- Please make sure your $95 fee payment to ontariocolleges.ca went through as we don't receive any application until that is processed.
- Refer to the Applicant Hub in slc.me to check your status.
- Status inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
- If you are on the waitlist, you qualified for the program, but we had more applicants than we have space for.
- You can remain on the waitlist, and we'll send you an offer if space becomes available.
- You may be enrolled in a program that requires up-to-date immunizations. The program page will detail any health requirements, including immunizations.
- If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Check the program page to see if your program requires a background check for your placement.
- Visit slc.me and click on the FEES icon in the Applicant Hub.
- Once you have paid your deposit, you can see the balance owing.
- You will need to pay your deposit and the full tuition fees by the respective due dates.
- There are various fee payment options for you, including paying online through slc.me, electronic banking at your financial institution, credit card, or certified cheque or money order. Personal cheques and cash are not accepted.
- View the fee schedule to learn important fee deadlines.
- View our FAQ for answers to commonly asked questions about fees.
- NO – you must pay for residence and tuition separately.
- When we receive an official transcript with your final mark for the outstanding requirement, the academic condition will be removed.
- If your offer is conditional on completing a post-secondary program (College Certificate, Diploma or Degree) Admissions must receive an official transcript with the date your credential was awarded.
- If the condition was non-academic, e.g., Royal Conservatory Music Intermediate Rudiments Level 6, an audition, or a portfolio, please follow the instructions you were given.
- Students who have accepted their offer by the required date and have met all the payment deadlines can see their timetables through slc.me by mid-August.
- Students who have accepted their offer by the required date and have met all the payment deadlines can see their booklist through slc.me in August.
- A verification of enrollment is available in slc.me after you’ve accepted your offer. This form can be printed and submitted to your RESP provider.
- An RESP form cannot be submitted instead of payment. Students with RESP forms are still responsible for paying their deposit and tuition by the due dates.
- RESP scholarships are issued directly to the student.
- Ensure that you have requested your transcripts to be sent to SLC through your application at ontariocolleges.ca.
- Ensure you meet the admission requirements for your program choice. Check your slc.me portal to view the status of your application.
- The Admissions Office may not have released offers yet to your program choice.