Learning & Working Together: Our Student Code of Conduct
The College believes all members of the College community have the right to study or work in an environment that is safe, secure and supportive. The College expects students to be responsible for conducting themselves in a manner that respects the rights of employees, other students and College property.
What are my responsibilities:
- Observe all laws, the Ontario Human Rights code and SLC policies and procedures.
- Refrain from obstructing, interrupting or negatively impacting SLC activities and objectives.
- Demonstrate conduct that keeps the SLC community free from harassment and discrimination.
- Responsibly use SLC property and platforms, including information technology and the internet.
- Respect that we all belong at SLC.
What are my rights:
As a student at SLC, you have many rights:
- The right to express yourself individually or as part of a group
- To be free from discrimination and harassment
- To be treated with respect
- To have a safe and positive learning environment
If you have any questions about completing the form, please email SRRO@sl.on.ca
- You may wish to report a person of concern to the SLC Behavioural Intervention Team, visit this webpage for more information
- Any student who has a complaint about their program of study or any other academic concern should refer to the SLC Complaint Policy
- If you have been the victim or witness of sexual violence, please see our Sexual Violence Policy
- More information about Conduct in an Online Environment
- If this is an emergency, please contact Safety and Security by dialing X5555 from any SLC phone
Contact: Student Rights & Responsibilities Office
- Email: SRRO@sl.on.ca
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 4pm
- On-campus: Kingston Welcome Centre