I Need Help

If you were sexually assaulted here are some steps to help you:

  1. If you are in danger or believe there is an ongoing threat to others in our community, immediately call 911.
  2. Go to a safe place. This might be the home or room of a friend or family member, residence staff, or any place where you feel safe and receive emotional support.
  3. You can go to your local hospital:
  • Brockville General Hospital (BGH). Sexual assault services are provided through their Emergency department. Located at 100 Strowger Blvd, Brockville, ON, K6V 5J9
  • Cornwall Community Hospital. Sexual assault services are provided through their Emergency department; ask for an ASAP nurse. Located at 840 McConnell Ave, Cornwall, ON, K6H 5S5
  • Kingston: Kingston General Hospital (KGH). Sexual assault services are provided through their Emergency department. Ask for the SA/DV nurse. Located at 76 Stuart St., Kingston, ON, K7L 2V7

You will have the choice to receive care, medical treatment, and the collection of physical evidence (sexual assault evidence kit) which can be used in legal proceedings, legal options and referrals.

For evidence collection, try not to shower, bathe or use the washroom prior to medical exam; or change, wash or destroy clothing.

    4. You can make a report. Here are some Reporting Options:

     5. You can also:

  • View sexual assault resources and phone numbers
  • Read common questions and answers

Remember, you don’t have to do this alone, there are local sexual assault support services in each city:

  • Kingston:
  1. Sexual Assault Domestic Violence Program – Kingston General Hospital 613.549.6666 ext. 4880
  2. Sexual Assault Centre Kingston 24 Hour Crisis Line: 613.544.6424 or 1-877.544.6424 Office: 613.545.9744
  • Brockville:
  1. Assault Response & Care Centre of Leeds and Grenville 613.345.3881 or 1.800.567.7415
  2. Sexual Assault Centre: 613.345.3881
  • Cornwall:
  1. Sexual Assault Support Services for Women of Stormont Dundas Glengarry & Akwesasne 1.613.932.1755
  2. Sexual Assault Centre 613.932.3300 ext. 4202

If you experience sexual violence or witness sexual violence or need assistance filing a complaint, please call Security at ext. 5555: Kingston 613.544.5400; Brockville 613.3450.660; or Cornwall 613.933.6080. Available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year, to assist you by providing all the resources and necessary support. If you want to speak to someone directly, please go to the Security Office on your campus.

A number of other resources:

If an employee of the College becomes aware of an allegation of sexual violence against another member of the College community, the employee is required to immediately report the alleged incident to Security, ext. 5555: Kingston 613.544.5400; Brockville 613.345.0660; Cornwall 613.933.6080.

If the alleged perpetrator is another member of the College community, you may file a complaint under this Policy. Individuals who have experienced sexual violence may also wish to press charges under the Criminal Code. Security staff can also assist you with contacting the local Police.