There are no groups or workshops scheduled for the Spring semester. Please check back here for our new offerings in the Fall semester.
In a group environment, Groups and Workshops for Wellness provide students support in building and maintaining a strong sense of well-being. Meet our Counsellors, Learning Strategist, Student Success Facilitators and other experts covering a wide range of topics.
Wellness Workshops increase awareness about issues that affect student well-being, teach practical strategies that can immediately be applied and provide resources to connect to. These workshops are drop-in and are offered once or twice a semester. Examples of past workshops include:
- Starting on the Right Foot: Getting your semester organized for success
- Effective Study Strategies
- Striving in Stress
- Exam Success Strategies
- Eating Disorders: Knowing the signs & how to help
- Overdose Prevention & Naloxone Use
- Sleep On It: How sleep helps promote better learning, physical & mental health
For more information about Wellness Workshops, please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wellness Groups emphasize a supportive environment with peers while diving more deeply into a topic that can affect student well-being. Groups run weekly, and offerings change from semester to semester. Past groups include:
- Living & Learning with Chronic Pain
- Navigating Substance Use
- Lifting Up Our Indigenous Identity Talking Circle
- Yoga for a Healthy Mind (drop-in)
For more information about Wellness Groups, please feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Huddles are small groups of 2 to 4 students and a leader who will meet weekly, online or in-person as able. Organized around students’ needs, preferences, and schedules, huddle groups provide a safe and friendly space where individuals can give and receive support. Huddles build resilience and self-determination as students are provided with encouragement, opportunities to reflect, and a weekly check-in. There are different types of huddles depending on what you’re looking for:
- Friendship Huddles to simply make friends
- Big Question Huddles to make friends AND contemplate life’s big questions in a safe place
- Faith-based Huddles to make friends, ponder life’s questions, AND explore your personal faith and beliefs
To join a Huddle or for more information, contact SpiritualCare@sl.on.ca