Frequently Asked Questions About Student ID

  • The SLC Student ID card is your main identification on campus.
  • Cards are valid during the entire length of the college program (e.g. Police Foundations – card is valid for 2 years).
  • If you withdraw or are no longer a student of St. Lawrence College, you must surrender your card.
  • If you change your status to part-time, your card will not give you access to some of the benefits (such as the fitness centre and bus pass) available to full-time students.
  • The first card is included in your compulsory fees. There is a replacement fee of $20.00, payable in Student Services if the card is damaged/lost/stolen.
  • Yes! You can purchase a part-time student SLC Student ID card for $10.00 in Student Services
  • Part-time students on the Kingston campus who have a minimum of 135 hours and have department approval for a bus pass may purchase it with Student Services.
  • Your old card is deactivated and will no longer work anywhere; you should cut it up so you do not confuse it with the replacement card.
  • No. There is no need to get a new card every semester or year.
  • If you are a student on the Brockville or Cornwall campus, simply continue to use your card until it expires, or until you are no longer a student.
  • If you are a returning student with an expired card, you can get a replacement card with an extended expiry date at no charge by contacting Student Services.
  • Definitely not! As long as you let the cafeteria know as soon as you lose your card, it can be put on hold.
  • When you get a replacement card, simply take the new card to your campus cafeteria and have the meal plan transferred to the new card.