Continuing Education for International Students

Frequently Asked Questions for St. Lawrence College (SLC) Full-time International Students

Continuing Education at St. Lawrence College course offerings are available to international and domestic, full-time and part-time students. We offer certificate programs, micro-credentials, and individual courses for career advancement, course recovery, and personal enrichment.

Continuing Education courses provide students an opportunity to make up for the failed credits, supplement their course program load and continue their academic journey successfully. International students interested in taking Continuing Education as a part of their full-time program must first seek advice from their Student Success Facilitator (SSF) and their Program Coordinator BEFORE registering for a course. Additional fees may apply.

If you are an international student facing challenges with failed courses, the Student Success Facilitators (SSF) can assess your academic situation and guide you on whether Continuing Education is the right option for you.

If you mistakenly register for a Continuing Education course and determine that you do not need credit recovery, contact the Continuing Education team in writing at As a student it is your responsibility to connect with an SSF to discuss your situation. The SSF will assist you in finding the appropriate course of action.

Review the Continuing Education Withdrawal/Refund Policy

Fees vary depending on the course and the credit hours.

Credit courses: It is recommended to budget approximately $1300 or more per credit course, not including textbooks and examination charges.

Non-credit courses: There are no additional international fees for non-credit courses. Most non-credit courses can be identified by the course code which normally starts with GENI. These courses cannot be applied to any full or part-time program or certificate.

You can contact Continuing Education at

Continuing Education courses are available to international students, but these courses do not lead to a study permit or post-graduation work permit. To learn more please contact