we are here to support you
Registered students are responsible for reviewing the academic policy, guidelines, and codes of conduct.
Generally, you must have a secondary school diploma or be at least 19 years old by the day your course starts.
- Admission Requirements – Early Childhood Education (online part-time)
- Admission Requirements - Police Foundations (online part-time)
Fees are payable in full at the time of registration. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy of fees, where there is a discrepancy, the correct fee will be charged.
If you are a person who is at least 65 years of age by the start date of a course, you are entitled to 15% discount off credit course tuition fees. Discounts do not apply to non-credit courses or material fees. To receive the senior’s discount, you must contact email@example.com, register by phone or in person. The discount is not applied when you register online.
- CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT, AND NON-CREDIT COURSES: A full refund if the course is cancelled by the College. A refund less a $25 administrative fee, per course, if the withdrawal request is received in writing/email five (5) business days prior to the start date of the course. Withdrawal requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-attendance does not constitute withdrawal from a course.
- ONLINE PROGRAMS - Early Childhood Education, Police Foundations: A full refund if the course is cancelled by the College. A refund less an administrative fee if the withdrawal request is received in writing/email ten (10) business days after semester/course start date. Full-Time Students - $250; Part-Time Students - $25 per course. Email withdrawal requests to email@example.com.
- ONTARIOLEARN COURSES: A full refund if the course is cancelled by the College. A refund less a $25 administrative fee per course if the withdrawal request is received in writing/email by the withdrawal date listed in the OntarioLearn access email or ten (10) business days after course start date. There are no refunds on material fees. Email withdrawal requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition and Enrolment Certificates (T2202) for income tax reporting to Canada Revenue Agency are usually available to students by the end of February, via slc.me. Currently, only credit courses are eligible for a T2202. For more details visit the information page on the College website.
Though every effort is made to offer courses/programs as published in the print guide and on the website, the College reserves the right to change, cancel or modify courses/programs as necessary. To help avoid course cancellation due to insufficient enrollment, register early. Full refunds are issued for any course that is cancelled by the College.
If a course that you are interested in becomes full, you can register for a course waitlist. If an opening becomes available, you will be contacted and payment will be required upon registration. Waitlists do not carry over to another term.
Find and purchase textbooks for CE and Online courses here.
The room number for a class taking place on campus is listed in the Course Details email. You will be notified by email of changes to room location.
Parking on campus information.
It is a delivery model that uses a mix of online and in-person online instruction. Synchronous (in-person online) instruction allows for the instructor and student to engage simultaneously (online) using the video conferencing tool Microsoft Teams during a scheduled time. Other resources, activities and assignments are provided in Blackboard, for students to access during a given time framework.
It is recommended that you have a computer and Wi-Fi access for your course. Materials and your student learning platform are not optimized for mobile devices and can require significant amounts of bandwidth to access.
Access to campus during COVID-19 is still restricted. This winter, Continuing Education courses are being offered by Alternate Delivery which uses web technologies and resources to facilitate and contribute to learning that takes the place of a face to face course on campus.
Alternate delivery classes have a specified time to meet online, just like being in class. Most classes are held weekly at the same time and on the same day. However, you can access the course information in Blackboard 24-7.
You will need a computer or tablet with a camera, mic and high speed internet access.
This is something the teacher will decide. For some students it may take too much bandwidth which can affect the internet connection.
As an SLC student you will have a student account which includes an SLC email address. You will access your course through this account. You will find Microsoft Teams here and it is the program that you will use to attend class.
• To register online for Alternate Delivery courses/programs, visit: Continuing Education
• To register by phone for Alternate Delivery courses/programs, call Toll Free: 1-866-276-6601, Mon.-Fri., 8am-4pm
Have your credit card ready! Credit cards, Visa debit and pre-paid credit cards are the only accepted forms of payment for online purchases.
Once you have registered, you will receive an email confirming registration/payment.
Register early to reserve your spot in a course and to avoid cancellations due to insufficient enrollment.