INTERNAL TRANSFER CREDIT APPLICATION
Applying for internal transfer credits is easy! Make sure you have all your documentation ready and apply below.
- Please only use this form for courses taken at St. Lawrence College. To apply to transfer courses taken at other accredited post-secondary institutions click here.
- Transfer credit applications can be submitted two weeks prior to the semester start date and no later than the 10th day of classes.
- There is no fee for transferring internal credits.
- Courses approved as equivalent and dropped from your timetable may impact your status as a full-time student, which may impact fee calculation and eligibility for OSAP, scholarships, bursaries, and student health plans.
- Once transfer credit has been accepted for one course, it cannot be used again towards another course in the same program.
- Denied transfer credits are not subject to appeals; however, students will be provided with the reason why their request was denied.
Internal Transfer Credit Eligibility Requirements
- Courses taken must satisfy 80% of the learning outcomes of the St. Lawrence College course which will be determined by a subject matter expert.
- A minimum grade of 50%/D- or the passing grade for the St. Lawrence College course, whichever is higher, must be achieved for internal transfer credits.
- The course must have been completed within the last five (5) years unless otherwise approved.
General Education Transfer Credits
When transferring courses toward general education elective requirements the course needs to meet the general education course criteria, outlined below (i.e., the transferred course does not need to be 80% equivalent to the St. Lawrence College course).
In addition to the other eligibility requirements listed for transfer credits, the transferred course must meet the following criteria:
- Be 42-45 hours in length
- Less than 30% of applied learning outcomes
- Non-vocational to your program of study
- Fits into one of the general education themes:
- Arts in society
- Civic life
- Social and cultural understanding
- Personal understanding
- Science and technology
Transfer Credit Application Period for the 2023-2024 Academic Year
- Fall 2023: August 21, 2023 - September 20, 2023
- Winter 2024: December 11, 2023 - January 19, 2024
- Spring/Summer 2024: April 15, 2024 - May 15, 2024
Ready to Apply? Follow These Steps
- Ensure you have all of your supporting documents ready at the time of your application or you could be asked to resubmit.
- Course Outlines – Course outlines must contain the course code, year/semester they were taken and have learning outcomes attached. Course descriptions will NOT be accepted.
- Fill out one submission per course. Do not submit for multiple courses in one submission.
- Application communication will be sent to your student email account.
The application must be filled out completely and accurately or it will be automatically denied. Processing time for transfer credit applications is approximately 2-4 weeks. Please remain enrolled in the requested transfer course until a decision has been made, if approved, the course will be dropped from your academic enrollment.