- Department: Department: ITS
- Hours: Up to 12 hrs/week
- Number of Weeks: Up to 13 weeks
- Number of Positions: Six (6)
To better serve remote and Kingston Campus Student access to IT Resources, as well as support extra volume of calls anticipated from the Residences.
- Assist student users by responding to general queries and escalating as required
- Provide assistance to staff, students and faculty at IT Service Desk, in addition to monitoring phone and e-mail
- Media equipment bookings (projectors, computer carts, audio/visual equipment, etc)
- Equipment loaning and tracking
- Ensure adherence to established practices and procedures
- Enforce lab/classroom protocol
- Clear labs at closing time: ensure equipment shut down, labs are left in a orderly state, labs are locked up
- Maintain printers: paper, cartridges, resolve problems or refer for technical expertise
- Monitor V-Tel Lab: ensure opening for scheduled classes, equipment shutdown and lab is locked up
- Assist students with network & email account problems
- On occasion may be asked to perform other duties as assigned, such as special functions (i.e., orientation, open house, awards dinners, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal communication)
- General knowledge of computer hardware and peripherals is necessary
- Demonstrated work ethic
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Dependable, punctual, reliable and trustworthy
- Understanding of, and the ability to demonstrate the principles of confidentiality
terms of employment
- Rate of pay: $16.43 / hour (including 6% vacation pay).
- This position falls under the provisions of Student Employees in the Part-time Support Staff Collective Agreement and is subject to union dues.
- The student must be currently enrolled at St. Lawrence College.
- The student must demonstrate a financial need by filling out the Employment On-Campus Assessment Form, be in good academic standing and sign a confidentiality statement.
- BBA, Second Career and Apprenticeship students are not eligible for funding by the Student Employment On-Campus Program. They are still encouraged to apply, as additional funding options may be available.
Posted Date: September 19, 2022
Closing Date: September 28, 2022
- Complete the Application form (Apply Now button).
- Please have your resumé and cover letter ready in ONE document, using naming convention “LastName, FirstName” (i.e., Smith,Joe). Your document should be in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format.
- Your application is not complete until you have completed the Student Employment On-Campus Assessment Form.