- Department: Facilities Management
- Hours: Up to 12 hrs/week
- Number of Weeks: Up to 13 weeks
- Number of Positions: One (1)
The successful candidate will assist and work under the direction of Facility Management staff.
- The General Maintenance Worker will be responsible for:
- Complete a college wide electrical service distribution survey
- Minimal ladder work
- Minimal lifting involved
- Inside work; some duties outside
- Possibility of light maintenance responsibilities
- On occasion may be asked to perform other duties as assigned, such as special functions (i.e., orientation, open house, awards dinners, etc.)
- Basic understanding of building electrical services distribution systems
- Familiar with construction drawings
- Familiar with basic electrical diagnostic equipment
- Team oriented
- Dependable and reliable
- Demonstrated initiative
- Ability to follow written plans
- Ability to meet specified deadlines
terms of employment
- Rate of pay: $15.29 / hour (including 6% vacation pay).
- This position falls under the provisions of Student Employees in the Part-time Support Staff Collective Agreement and is subject to union dues.
- The student must be currently enrolled at St. Lawrence College.
- The student must demonstrate a financial need by filling out the Employment On-Campus Assessment Form, be in good academic standing and sign a confidentiality statement.
- BBA, Second Career and Apprenticeship students are not eligible for funding by the Student Employment On-Campus Program. They are still encouraged to apply, as additional funding options may be available.
Posted Date: February 17, 2021
Closing Date: March 5, 2021
- Complete the Application form (Apply Now button).
- Please have your resumé and cover letter ready in ONE document, using naming convention “LastName, FirstName” (i.e., Smith,Joe). Your document should be in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format.
- Your application is not complete until you have completed the Student Employment On-Campus Assessment Form.