The internet continues to evolve at a rapid pace and the data of organizations have never been more vulnerable than now. Cyber attacks are costing organizations hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars per occurrence, and happen so often they are often featured in the news. There is a worldwide shortage of cybersecurity professionals as every organization seeks ways to make their data more secure.
Once you graduate from this eight-month, full-time graduate certificate program, you will be equipped with skills to protect your organization’s computers, servers, networks, and applications from breaches and unauthorized access. The courses in the program will give you an edge in detecting breaches, computer forensics, threat hunting, and penetration testing.
In addition, this program is highly interdisciplinary and includes aspects of law, policy, human factors, ethics and risk management. Focused on cyber-defense training, the program ensures you are able to “think like the intruder” when deploying security techniques. Upon graduation, students acquire skills relevant to leadership roles in cybersecurity across a variety of industries and businesses.
The program provides you with skills in:
- Problem-solving, critical thinking and troubleshooting
- Dealing with network vulnerabilities and security issues
- Designing secure enterprise operating system infrastructures
- Creating plans and policies for wireless mobile device security
- Implementing a cloud computing environment while addressing security risks
- Performing security audits
- Proactively researching and reporting on the current threat landscape
- Utilizing ethical hacking practices to bolster the organization’s security measures
- Integrating sustainability into cybersecurity practices to reduce environmental footprints of businesses
College diploma or bachelor’s degree in computing, networking, information systems, I.T., or related discipline. Relevant work experience combined with any post-secondary credentials will be considered.
Incoming students are required to have:
- Laptop computer running Windows operating system.
Students will not have to complete placement as part of the program.
2022 - 2023
Our Kingston campus has seen significant renovation over the past few years, including a brand new Student Life and Innovation Centre that houses a new gymnasium, fitness centre, pub, and more.
The Information and Communications Technology Council of Canada estimates that 10,800 to 21,600 additional cybersecurity professionals will be needed in Canada by 2025. Cybersecurity jobs are difficult to fill while salaries are above average, providing graduates of this program a unique opportunity to rapidly grow their careers in the I.T. industry.
Graduates can expect to find employment in either the public or private sectors such as government, education, healthcare, military, financial, research, consulting, logistics and many more industries.
Graduates may choose to pursue the following certifications upon completion of additional exams and/or related work experience to qualify:
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CEH Certified Ethical Hacker
- CISA Certified Information Systems Auditor (by ISACA)
- GIAC Global Information Assurance Certification (by SANS)
- CompTIA Security+ Certification
- Certified Network Defender
International Students Contact
+1 (613) 544.5400 ext. 5514