Applications received by February 1, 2023 will be given first consideration. Applications will continue to be accepted after this date, however, until the program is full.
In order to meet the criteria of a successful application, the following supporting documents are required:
- Ontario Secondary School Certificate (OSSC) or an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or a Certificate of Accomplishment, equivalent, or mature student
- Demonstration of academic needs that require curriculum modification in order to succeed (i.e. Individual Education Plan (IEP), Annual Education Plan (AEP), Psychological Educational Assessment, or other supporting documentation)
- Two confidential references
As the selection process unfolds, applicants should also be able to meet the following preliminary criteria:
- Attend an information session. Please note all the information sessions for the 2023 year have been completed for this academic year. Keep an eye on this page for upcoming sessions in 2024.
- Demonstrate a level of independence which does not require constant support and supervision
- Have a willingness to participate fully in the program in all elements of programming
- Ability to participate in programming without risk to health and safety of self and others
- Ability to provide transportation to and from the college and field placement locations
- Meet criteria based on an introductory conversation and skills assessment component to determine program suitability; additional meetings may be required to assess unique individual needs.
- All students in this program will require a laptop (not a tablet or Chromebook).
- Students who are eligible for OSAP may be eligible for funding for assistive technology, including a laptop.
Step 1 - Attend an information session. Please note all the information sessions for the 2023 year have been completed for this academic year. Keep an eye on this page for upcoming sessions in 2024.
Step 2 - Complete and submit the following before February 1, 2023 for equal consideration:
- Application to Ontario College Application Service (OCAS).
- St. Lawrence College CICE student application form emailed to the SLC campus to which you are applying:
|Kingston Campus||Brockville Campus||Cornwall Campus|
Step 3 - All applicants will be required to provide document(s) listed above that demonstrate the student’s need for modifications, such as Individual Education Plan (IEP), Annual Education Plan (AEP), or other suitable supporting documents by February 15, 2023.
Please Note: CICE staff will contact all applicants directly about the process for submitting documents.
Step 4 - If the applicant meets initial eligibility requirements, based on documents submitted, they will be contacted by the Program Liaison to schedule an introductory meeting that includes an eligibility screening.
Step 5 - Conditional program acceptance may be granted, pending confirmation of ability and safety to participate, as determined by further individual assessments.
*If you have any questions about the steps or the required documentation, please reach out to the campus Program Liaison.
Criminal Background Check:
Applicants are advised that Criminal Background Checks (CBC) conducted by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) are required for programs with field or clinical placements. Certain criminal convictions may prevent participation in placements and program completion may not be possible. Attaining and paying for a CBC and Vulnerable Sector Screening (OPP) is the responsibility of the student, and these may have to be renewed every three to six months. Applicants with criminal records are advised to contact the Associate Dean/Campus Dean of the respective school prior to applying.