Admission Requirements & Steps to apply
*Please Note: Applications continue to be accepted for the Cornwall and Brockville CICE programs until the program is full. The CICE program on the Kingston campus is currently waitlisted.*
Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or Certificate (OSSC), Certificate of Accomplishment, or be at least 19 years of age by the start of classes and submit a complete application, which demonstrates:
- academic needs that require curriculum modification in order to succeed;
- a level of independence that does not require constant supervision;
- a willingness to participate fully in the program; and
- the ability to provide his or her own transportation to and from the college and field placement locations
Stages of the application and selection process:
- Attend a CICE Information Session
- Submit an application to St. Lawrence College through Ontario Colleges
- Complete the Student CICE Application AND two Confidential Reference Questionnaires and submit to CICE@sl.on.ca.
- Once the Student CICE Application opens, download and save the document.
- Complete the document and save it.
- Send the completed Student CICE Application and required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask a reference to complete the Confidential Reference Questionnaire document and send it to email@example.com.
*Please Note: The student's application will not be considered until the application and all required documents have been received*
- As part of the application, two confidential reference questionnaires will need to be completed and submitted by individuals who has extensive knowledge of the applicant in an academic or vocational setting ( family member excluded) The Confidential Reference can be found in the CICE package.
- Attend a personal interview and skills assessment.
- Upon acceptance, the applicant will attend the CICE Student Orientation held in late August.
- Students may be required to submit a current CPIC (Criminal background check) and completed Placement Immunization Form by November of the first year of study.
*Please note: Applications received after the deadline will be placed on a waiting list depending on eligibility.
Criminal Background Check:
Applicants are advised that Criminal Background Checks (CBC) conducted by the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) are required for programs with field or clinical placements. Certain criminal convictions may prevent participation in placements and program completion may not be possible. Attaining and paying for a CBC and Vulnerable Sector Screening (OPP) is the responsibility of the student, and these may have to be renewed every three to six months. Applicants with criminal records are advised to contact the Associate Dean/Campus Dean of the respective school prior to applying.