Student volunteers will be collecting electronic waste to divert from landfills.
Where: St. Lawrence College, Kingston campus, front entrance at 100 Portsmouth Avenue
When: Saturday November 23, 11:00 am-3:00 pm
Accepted e-Waste items include:
- Display devices (monitors and televisions)
- Desktop computers, portable computers
- Computer peripherals (i.e., computer mouse, keyboard, etc.)
- Desktop or floor standing printing; copying and multifunction devices
- Telephone and telephone answering machines
- Cellular devices and pagers
- Home theatre in a box (equalizers, amplifiers, speakers, and turntables)
- Aftermarket vehicle audio and video devices
- Image, audio and video devices (personable/portable)
- Image, audio and video devices (home/non-portable)
Please note: Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) is not responsible for any data that remains on a recycled computer or other electronic devices. It is the responsibility of the consumers to ensure that all personal data is removed from computer systems, cell phones and all electronics. Consumers should take all necessary steps to clear hard drives, SIM cards and all memory storage areas of personal information before delivery for reuse or recycling.