- To provide students with the opportunity to start training in a skilled trade while completing the requirements for an Ontario Secondary School Diploma.
- To enable students to make the school-to-work transition by direct entry into apprenticeship training.
- To provide employers with the opportunity to train the skilled workers they require.
In the Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) students in Grade 12 or Grade 12 have an opportunity to become registered apprentices and work towards becoming certified journeypersons in a skilled trade while completing their secondary school diplomas. Students can earn 2-3 dual credits towards their Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) while they are completing their Level 1 apprenticeship at the college.
To qualify for OYAP, you must:
- be at least 16 years old
- be studying full-time in high school
- enrolled in Grade 11 or 12 or equivalent
- have earned at least 16 credits
Do you think you’re OYAP ready??
Read Commitment and Next Steps Document – OYAP Commitments and Next Steps
Application forms can be found on the Courses Offerings & Applications webpage but must be submitted through their High School Guidance or Co-Op office. Students who meet the admissions criteria are accepted until the program is full.
For more information, contact your High School Guidance or Co-Op Office.
For general inquiries, email email@example.com