Explore opportunities for personal or professional growth. Registration is open for Winter/Spring 20223 courses offered through SLC+.
SLC+ is a collection of learning opportunities that extend beyond traditional academic programming and includes:
- Part-time courses, certificates, and diploma programs – designed to accommodate busy schedules.
- Micro-credentials – short, competency-based training to help gain employability skills in a condensed timeframe.
- Corporate Training – customized training programs built to respond to the needs of local organizations.
- Personal growth and general interest programs – available for those who want to explore new passions and interests.
Courses of interest in Winter/Spring 2023 include:
- Health Care: Venipuncture/IV Insertion, Critical Care, and Perio-Operative Nursing programs
- Fine Arts: Ceramics, Fibre Arts and Textiles, and Drawing and Painting
- Health and Wellness: Introduction to Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT Tapping)
For more information, visit slcplus.ca
Staff and Faculty Rate
Staff and faculty can take Continuing Education and OntarioLearn credit courses for only $20, plus any course material fees if applicable. Note: OntarioLearn charges an admin fee, which is currently $97.57 per course. The staff and faculty rate applies to credit courses only. Any Micro-credentials or courses with a GENI code are not eligible for the staff and faculty rate.
To register for a credit course with the staff and faculty rate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Micro-credentials are for anyone wishing to upskill or reskill or are interested in exploring new and different career opportunities or pathways. Micro-credentials also allow organizations and employers to ensure employees continue to develop new capabilities and help to bridge the skills gap by ensuring skills in an existing workforce are current.