Explore opportunities for personal or professional growth. Registration is open for Winter/Spring 2022 courses offered through SLC+.
SLC+ is a collection of learning opportunities that extend beyond traditional academic programming and includes:
- Part-time courses, certificates, and diploma programs – designed to accommodate busy schedules.
- Micro-credentials – short, competency-based training to help gain employability skills in a condensed timeframe.
- Corporate Training – customized training programs built to respond to the needs of local organizations.
- Personal growth and general interest programs – available for those who want to explore new passions and interests.
Courses of interest in Winter/Spring 2022 include:
- Conversational French
- Upholstery for all Levels
- Dementia Studies
- A Chef’s Tour: Knife Skills
- Tasty Thai
- A Chef’s Tour: Sushi Roll Play
- Creative Writing
- Glazed and Confused
- Drawing and Painting Classes
- Watercolour Flower
- Clay Play
- Airbrake Z Endorsement
- MED Domestic Vessel Safety
- Welding for Beginners
For more information and to view the Winter/Spring 2022 SLC+ Guide, visit slcplus.ca
Staff and Faculty Rate
Staff and faculty can take Continuing Education and OntarioLearn credit courses for only $20, plus any course material fees if applicable. Note: OntarioLearn charges an admin fee, which is currently $97.64 per course. The staff and faculty rate applies to credit courses only. Any Micro-credentials or courses with a GENI code are not eligible for the staff and faculty rate.
To register for a credit course with the staff and faculty rate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Micro-credentials are for anyone wishing to upskill or reskill or are interested in exploring new and different career opportunities or pathways. Micro-credentials also allow organizations and employers to ensure employees continue to develop new capabilities and help to bridge the skills gap by ensuring skills in an existing workforce are current. In Winter/Spring 2022, SLC+ is offering several micro-credentials in logistics, distribution, cybersecurity, tourism and hospitality, and more.