You’ve no doubt noticed the digital display screens throughout each campus – ever wondered how to get content on one? The following information outlines the process and criteria to add content to the digital displays. Keep in mind the focus of content there is for our students!
Criteria for content on the digital screens:
- Content needs to be first and foremost for a student audience – content that is for a general audience (students, employees, and visitors to campus) can work as well, but priority is given to student messaging
- Displays are not for employee-specific messaging
- Content needs to have a “shelf life” longer than six weeks
- Content that is for something happening within a week or two will not be added as it is ineffective to use short-term messages on the displays
- To be effective, content needs a clear call to action
- Must be easy to read (not too much text) and use simple language – the screens are read by people on the move!
- Visually crowded content using multiple images, logos, or fonts is ineffective
- Content placed on the screen needs to have an end date so the displays are kept current
- Plasma slides are in a landscape orientation – that is good to factor in if you wish an image to be displayed
- Communicate high-level, long-term messages that can be read at a glance
- Ensure what is being displayed matters to our students
- Communications can work with you to create content for the displays to help ensure your information is visually effective. If design assistance is requested, Communications can have slides created. Please allow for a two-week turnaround time
- Any content posted must follow SLC’s branding guidelines, the Student Code of Conduct, and cannot be for marketing purposes
Connect with the Communications Team at firstname.lastname@example.org