SLC Employee Awards recognize and honour SLC’s outstanding faculty, administrators, support staff, and student employees. The deadline to nominate someone who has made a difference at the College for a 2023 SLC Employee Award is Friday, April 7 by end of day. It takes only a few minutes to complete the initial nomination form. Nominators will be contacted by Ashleigh Fortune, Manager, Employee Development, who will provide support throughout the nomination process. Recipients of the 2023 SLC Employee Awards will be announced at the Learning Connections Conference on May 17.
The Belonging, People, and Culture department has introduced new awards program, including several new awards, bringing the total categories to seven:
- Leadership Impact Award
- Academic Leader Award
- Distinguished Service Award
- Outstanding Belonging & EDI Leadership Award
- Mental Health Advocate Award
- Distinguished Service Award – Student Employees
- Indigenous Education Award
Leadership Impact Award
This award is bestowed upon the individual employee who has best demonstrated efforts in either academics, operations or both to:
- participate in activities showing consistent dedication to life-long learning for both students and colleagues/direct reports,
- apply innovative methods to enhance the teaching and learning experience for staff and/or students,
- create a positive learning environment and consistently demonstrate respect to both students and colleagues,
- set a high personal standard of integrity by leading by example and by supporting the Mission, Vision, and Values of St. Lawrence College,
- motivate and inspire the people around them and help them understand their role in achieving strategic goals and/or academic goals and recognizing them for their contributions.
Academic Leader Award
This award is bestowed upon the individual employee who has best demonstrated efforts to:
- inspire colleagues and students by demonstrating a strong commitment to SLC’s core value of ‘Students’ First’,
- apply innovative methods to enhance the learning experience of students/staff by using authentic learning strategies that are engaging, experiential and meaningful,
- create learning environments that promote creativity, diverse perspectives, and interdisciplinary collaboration,
- consistently displays a commitment to life-long learning and professional growth.
Distinguished Service Award
Note: This award replaces the former Service Excellence Award.
This award is bestowed upon the individual employee who has best demonstrated efforts to support staff and/or students to:
- contribute to a positive culture within the department/work unit and college community,
- bring the “best” of themselves to work on a regular basis throughout the year in performing their regular job duties,
- provide exceptional service to students by cultivating SLC’s core value of ‘Students’ First.’
- provide exceptional service to colleagues by cultivating SLC’s core value of ‘Teamwork.’
NEW AWARD: Outstanding Belonging & EDI Leadership Award
This award is bestowed upon the employee or group who:
- Has intentionally prioritized innovative learning and/or practices leading to a more inclusive, just, and welcoming community that cultivates a greater sense of belonging at St. Lawrence College,
- Has positively impacted the faculty, staff, or student experience through efforts that advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and a sense of belonging,
- Has fostered equitable, sustainable and measurable change, for those who traditionally have been under-represented (women, visible/racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+) on campus.
NEW AWARD: Mental Health Advocate Award
This award is bestowed upon the individual who has best demonstrated efforts to:
- Foster a compassionate, kind, and positive work environment daily that fosters belonging,
- Contribute to implementation of initiatives that promote de-stigmatization, emotionally healthy environments, improved wellbeing, and resilience,
- Consistently values teamwork in support of others throughout the College community.
Distinguished Service Award – Student Employees
Note: This award replaces the former Service Excellence - Student Employees Award.
This award is bestowed upon the student employee who has best demonstrated efforts to:
- contribute to a positive culture and demonstrates cooperative spirit within the department/work unit (teamwork),
- consistently acts professional throughout their student employment term,
- be committed to service excellence through excellent customer service and acting with integrity, while displaying strong leadership skills.
NEW AWARD: Indigenous Education Award
This award recognizes the outstanding contributions of any individual who:
- Has advanced Indigenous ways of knowing and being and supported reconciliation, decolonization, Indigenous engagement and transformation within the College,
- Shows motivation related to reconciliation, Indigenous peoples, perspectives, knowledge systems, cultures, communities, histories, affairs and current realities and inspires others,
- Thoughtfully includes Indigenous knowledges, stories, songs, creative expression, languages, methodologies, cultural protocols and/or traditions as a foundations with their work at SLC.
- Consistently works to grow effective work relationships and models our value of integrity.
Nominate someone for an SLC Employee Award by Friday, April 7.