Story submitted by Kris Ward, Alumni and Donor Relations Officer
Do you know a grad who is experiencing outstanding career success and/or community involvement? We are calling on the campus communities to submit names for Premier’s Awards nomination consideration. These awards are a great opportunity to profile and promote SLC’s successful graduates.
Please provide your suggested nominee, along with brief details of your nominee’s accomplishments and reasons for consideration. The deadline to suggest names is May 6.
The Premier’s Awards are administered by Colleges Ontario and recognize graduates in the following seven categories:
- Community Services
- Creative Arts and Design
- Health Sciences
- Recent Graduate (2015-2020)
Points to consider:
- Has the nominee made a significant impact on the nominee’s chosen career?
- Has the nominee made a significant contribution to the nominee’s sector?
- Has the impact been recognized by others in that industry and/or profession?
- Has the impact helped shape or change the lives of others?
- Has the nominee made a significant contribution to the nominee’s community?
- Was the decision to enter a program and/or apprenticeship training a key factor in the nominee’s success?
- Is it clear that the program or apprenticeship training provided a fairly unique contribution to the nominee’s preparation?
- Would others be inspired to enter a program or apprenticeship training after hearing the nominee’s story?
See SLC’s past recipients and nominees (note: grads can be renominated if they haven’t previously won).
See past winners of Premier’s Awards.