For the Winter 2022 semester, most SLC programs and levels will have some required on-campus components. This includes programs offered at all three campuses.
Note: If you do not see your program listed below, it means for the winter semester starting in January 2022, you will have in-person courses or requirements to your program.
The following programs will be offered via 100% alternative delivery/online:
- Business Core Programs - Upper Years (Semester 3-6) only - Accounting, HR (+fast track), Business, Marketing
- Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA) – all semesters
- Computer Programming and Analysis (CPA) – third year only
- International Business Management – semester 2
- UX Design – semester two only
Please check the list above regularly as information could change as final plans are confirmed.
For questions regarding the specifics by course, please contact your academic school office.
- School of Community Services: email@example.com
- School of Trades: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Applied Science and Computing: email@example.com
- School of Nursing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Business: email@example.com
- Bachelor of Business Administration: BBA@sl.on.ca
- School of Interdisciplinary and Pathways: ISP@sl.on.ca
- School of Allied Health: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Arts, Media and Design: email@example.com
Winter 2022 semester FAQ
The Q&A below will help you prepare for the upcoming semester. The information confirms details for courses beginning in January and applies to first-year and returning students. Updates will be added in the coming weeks as more information is available.
Only programs that are 100% online or alternative delivery are listed. All other programs have on-campus courses or requirements that students will be in-person for.
We will continue to respect public health requirements and would need to respond accordingly if the province entered lockdown again, however the vaccination policy protects the college and our community. We are able to host more people in-person again because everyone coming to our campus will either be fully vaccinated or have a recent negative rapid antigen test result.
All programs not listed in the summary above will have on-campus requirements. Detailed timetables will be available in your slc.me portal during the week of December 13, 2021. Exceptions will occur in the event that custom timetables are required, or due to course failures.
All timetables will be subject to change until the first week of classes as per usual.
At this time, we are anticipating that all programming for Spring 2022 will be on campus/in person.
The IRRC has not yet released interpretation guidelines for the exemptions that were made during the pandemic. The IRCC has also not yet announced a return to the pre-Covid requirements regarding course completion and post graduate work permit eligibility. International students are advised to contact their International Student Advisor to ensure they have the most recent information about post graduate work permit eligibility.
Here are 3 tips to help you prepare for the start of the Winter 2022 semester:
- Check your student email and student portal slc.me often. Important campus updates, semester information, and program delivery updates will be sent to your student email. slc.me connects you to important college services and resources.
- Familiarize yourself with the protocols for coming to campus.
- Download your student engagement app, URSLC. The app connects you to campus resources, clubs, virtual events, your fellow students, and much more. Download from the App Store / Google Play or Login Here on your computer. Sign in with your slc.me username and password.