- Department: Registrars
- Hours: Up to 12 hrs/week
- Number of Weeks: Up to 13 weeks
- Number of Positions: One (1)
Assist the Administrative and Convocation Coordinator to coordinate specifics and set-up requirements related to convocation on all three campuses-Brockville, Cornwall and Kingston and provide assistance to the Office of the Registrar by conducting policy and other research (Internet) as directed by the Registrar.
- Document retrieval and filing
- Respond to emails, phone calls and in-person inquiries
- Individual contact with all students and faculty regarding convocation by telephone and e-mail
- Mobile presentation- will be required to walk a lot, especially days of events
- Clerical duties
- On occasion may be asked to perform other duties as assigned, such as special functions (i.e., orientation, open house, etc.)
- Strong organizational and research skills
- Attention to detail, good proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Excel, E-mail, Internet/websites
- Excellent communication skills and pleasant telephone manner
- Self- motivated and flexible
- Customer service oriented
- Some computer knowledge (MS Word, Excel, E-mail)
- Ability to travel to all three campuses (vehicle is not necessary)
- Understanding of, and ability to demonstrate, the principles of confidentiality
terms of employment
- Rate of pay: $16.43 / hour (including 6% vacation pay).
- This position falls under the provisions of Student Employees in the Part-time Support Staff Collective Agreement and is subject to union dues.
- The student must be currently enrolled at St. Lawrence College.
- The student must demonstrate a financial need by filling out the Employment On-Campus Assessment Form, be in good academic standing and sign a confidentiality statement.
- BBA, Second Career and Apprenticeship students are not eligible for funding by the Student Employment On-Campus Program. They are still encouraged to apply, as additional funding options may be available.
Posted Date: September 12, 2022
Closing Date: September 26, 2022
- Complete the Application form (Apply Now button).
- Please have your resumé and cover letter ready in ONE document, using naming convention “LastName, FirstName” (i.e., Smith,Joe). Your document should be in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format.
- Your application is not complete until you have completed the Student Employment On-Campus Assessment Form.