St. Lawrence College (SLC) launched three new full-time programs and a full slate of micro-credentials that are designed to meet the needs of industry, our communities, workers who want to upskill, and life-long learners. The new offerings reflect the College’s commitment to offer relevant, accessible skills training and educational opportunities that align to industry and employer needs.
The three latest programs are:
- Food Safety and Security Techniques: a one-year (two semester) Ontario College Certificate offered on the Kingston campus. Taught by a multidisciplinary faculty team, students will gain a fundamental understanding of all segments of the supply chain from farm to table.
- Computer Programming: a two-year Ontario College Diploma offered on the Cornwall campus. Students will learn basic programming, problem-solving, software design, programming languages, and more.
- Cybersecurity: a one-year (two semester) Ontario College Graduate Certificate offered on the Kingston campus. Teaches the skills needed to protect an organization’s computers, servers, networks, and applications from breaches and unauthorized access.
SLC offers many micro-credentials, which are short, competency-based training opportunities that focus on in-demand workplace skills. They can be taken individually or stacked to build larger certificates, and multiple micro-credentials may serve as pathways to further education and other SLC programs. Each micro-credential earned comes with a digital badge that can be shared with employers and added to a digital profile or portfolio.
New offerings include:
- Cybersecurity: Mitigating Risk, Scam Identification, Scam Prevention, Scam Reporting
- Distribution Systems: Transportation Services, Logistics, Fleet Optimization, Fulfilment, Inventory Optimization
- Hospitality and Tourism: Culinary Basics, Housekeeping, Industry Fundamentals, Customer Service, Post-COVID-19 Standards, Tourism Ambassador (Kingston/Smiths Falls)
Coming This Spring and Summer:
- Machine Operator/Tester: Working with Steel: Machine Tool Safety, Heat Treat, Lathe, Milling Machine, Welding
- Health Information Management: Clinical Terminology, Clinical Coding, Classification & Abstracting, Digital Health Leadership
- Quality Assurance and Compliance: Documentation, Implementation
Marine Emergency Duties
“These latest programs show how SLC is responding to the needs of employers, the economy, and the various communities of learners we serve,” said Glenn Vollebregt, SLC President and CEO. “Flexible, fast, and practical training that equips folks for in-demand careers is a hallmark of an SLC education and these latest offerings reflect how we are staying current with our course offerings while continuing to equip graduates to succeed.”
For details and to register visit stlawrencecollege.ca/programs for full-time programs and slcplus.ca for micro-credentials.