St. Lawrence College (SLC) is pleased to introduce this year’s nominees for Colleges Ontario’s annual Premier’s Awards. The awards recognize outstanding contributions to society from graduates of Ontario colleges. Winners will be announced, and awards will be presented at a gala held in Toronto on November 28, 2022.
The Premier's Awards, hosted by Colleges Ontario, celebrate the achievements of Ontario college graduates in the province and throughout the world and recognize graduates in the following seven categories: Apprenticeship, Business, Community Services, Creative Arts and Design, Health Sciences, Recent Graduate, Technology.
“It’s not an easy task to choose just seven of our alumni to nominate for these awards,” said Elizabeth Gorman, SLC’s Director of Development and Alumni Relations. “Every year, it’s amazing to see the unique paths our alumni take after graduating from SLC. We are so proud of this year’s nominees and their diverse achievements.”
“We know so many of our graduates go on to make a difference in the world, and the Premier’s Awards are a chance to showcase their contributions in their fields,” said Glenn Vollebregt, SLC President and CEO. “It's never been a better time to be a college student, and and the strength of our programs is evident when looking at this incredible group of nominees.”
The nominees from SLC, pictured above left to right, are:
- Justin Tse – Chef and Owner at Justin Tse Private Dining and Events, Cook Advanced- Apprenticeship, 2010, Culinary Management, 2010
- Luc Chénier – Chief Executive Officer, Kyiv Post Media; Founder and CEO, Plan C, Graphic Design, 1994
- Randy Thompson – Vice President, Business Development, LivingWorks, Behavioural Science Technician, 1987
- Greg Carruthers – Artistic Producer/Founder, EveryBODY on Stage; Choreographer, The Grand Theatre, London Ontario, Music Theatre Performance, 2011
- Ginette Ferguson – Vice President, Clinical Programs and Chief Nursing Executive, Hawkesbury & District General Hospital, Nursing, 1990
- Brian Shelley – Operations Manager, Co-Owner, The Lure Lab Co-Owner, General Brock’s, Commissary/K-Town Cups, Mechanical Technician, 2021
- Rosanna Baggs – Senior Project Manager, Morrison Hershfield; President, The Ontario Association of Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT) Civil Engineering Technology, 2011, Business Administration – Human Resources, 2006
Read more about SLC’s nominees.