Here To Hire 2021: Cornwall Employment Service Agencies
..looking for summer employment?
..transitioning as a graduate into the workforce?
..want to know more about how to request accommodations from an employer?
..curious about what types of disability-specific employment programs exist in your area?
Student Wellness & Accessibility invites you to attend Here to Hire 2021, a series of virtual workshops aimed to assist students with disabilities and functional limitations as they transition into employment. This year, we have a great selection of workshop topics occurring over the course of four days, from March 29th to April 1st.
No pre-registration required!
Chance to win great prize packages including Beats headphones, Air Fryer and Keurig Coffee-Maker!
For more information, please call 613-544-5400 ext. 5504 or email email@example.com
This event is brought to you by the Student Wellness & Accessibility office of St. Lawrence College.
Schedule of events
- March 29 - 3:00 pm - Career Services
SLC Career Services overview of services + resume-building and job seeking strategies.
- March 30 - 4:30 pm - Employee Rights and Responsibilities
A workshop exploring the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the rights of individuals with disabilities in the workplace. Facilitated by SWA Accessibility Advisors.
- March 31 - 2:30 pm - Disability Disclosure
Interactive discussion on disability disclosure and open questions from participants. Facilitated by SWA Accessibility Advisors.
- April 1st - 3:00 pm - External Employment Service Agencies
Workshops by local employment agencies outlining available services for individuals with disabilities and functional limitations. Three separate workshops for Kingston, Cornwall and Brockville.
- Kingston area: Keys Employment Agency Workshop - Facilitated by V. Ophelia Rigault
- Cornwall area: Jobzone Employment Agency with Performance Plus Rehabilitative Care - presentation on the Supported Employment Program
- Brockville area: Employment + Education Center - Facilitated by Cecilia Clapson-Anderson with Brockville Career Services