The college recently welcomed 19 new Full-Time Faculty to the Contemporary Educator Program (CEP) within the School of Contemporary Teaching & Learning (SCTL). This two-year onboarding program is designed to support new FT faculty in their teaching by creating a community of practice of likeminded educators and connecting them to existing college resources across the three campuses.
The CEP cohort began their journey with a five day intensive training module on Kingston campus in August. This experience included discussions on teaching practice, educational technology, and a series of guest speakers from various departments. As a culminating task, faculty participants were also asked to engage in a series of micro-teach activities with peers in preparation for the Fall.
"The Contemporary Educator Program provided an ideal platform for new faculty to come together and develop a sense of cohesiveness as we embark on this new teaching journey at SLC together. As I reflect on CEP101, the micro-teaching session was professionally rewarding and stood out as an opportunity for new and seasoned faculty to learn from each other," said Holly McShane, Professor, Nursing Programs. "I feel the CEP101 curriculum was designed to meet the needs of a new faculty member at SLC, and the thorough introduction to the multitude of services available at the college has equipped me to navigate the system and better support students."
The CEP experience has continued in the Fall with a mixture of in-person and virtual sessions hosted at different campuses. Most recently, the cohort visited the Brockville and Cornwall campuses to learn more about the unique program mix located on each campus. This unique opportunity also enabled them to connect with fellow faculty and staff on all three campuses in an effort to affirm our collective identity as a tri-campus institution.
CEP Cohort 2022-24
Join us in welcoming our new Full-Time Faculty on-campus and virtually as they continue to build their professional learning network at SLC.
- Elizabeth Moulton, School of Nursing | Bachelor of Science – Nursing (Honours) – BScN
- Keri-Ann Berga, School of Nursing | Bachelor of Science – Nursing (Honours) – BScN
- Melissa Johnston, School of Nursing | Nursing Programs
- Sasha Murray, School of Nursing | Practical Nursing
- Ashley Veilleux, School of Nursing | Bachelor of Science – Nursing (Honours) - BScN
- Mona Gamaleldin, School of Interdisciplinary Studies and Pathways | Science Programs
- Shawn Luo, School of Nursing | Bachelor of Science – Nursing (Honours) - BScN
- Afshan Jabeen, School of Nursing | Health and Wellness Programs
- Chris Trimmer, School of Community Services | Honours Bachelor of Behavioural Psychology
- Craig Ervine, School of Business | International Business Management
- Holly McShane, School of Nursing | Nursing Programs
- Jeremy Koscik, School of Allied Health | Medical Laboratory Science & Medical Laboratory Assistant/ Technician
- Jessica Bredschneider, School of Business | Digital Marketing Communications
- Julia Higginson, School of Business | Business/Business Administration - Human Resources
- Richa Malhotra, School of Community Services | Honours Bachelor of Behavioural Psychology
- Stacey Airhart, School of Business | Business/Business Administration - Human Resources
- Stephanie Gayle, School of Nursing | Bachelor of Science – Nursing (Honours) - BScN
- Taylor Deveau, School of Business | Office Administration
- Vicki Kilpatrick, School of Allied Heath | Personal Support Worker
Learn more about CEP
Website (see SCTL Programs page): www.TeachAtSLC.ca
Social Media Hashtag: #CEPSLC