It’s waste reduction week!
SLC is committed to fostering a zero-waste culture and has set a target to reduce our landfill waste by diverting 70% of all compost and recycling.
Electronic Waste (e-waste)
Did you know that you can recycle your personal e-waste on campus? SLC has e-waste bins located in the IT Service Desk. Our IT department shows its commitment to sustainability by ensuring all e-waste generated on campus is recycled. All campus e-waste is recycled in partnership with the Electronic Recycling Association.
Farm Partnerships on Campus
Did you know our SLC has farm partnerships on campus? While COVID has affected pick-ups, the partnerships remains.
Coming Soon: Composting
Composting in all campus cafeterias will be available soon! Your FMS team is working hard to get our new program off the ground.
Thank you, students!
Shout-outs and BIG thanks to students who coordinated events to help reduce waste going to landfills or keep waste out of our waterways:
- Blanca for coordinating a Clothing Swap on the Brockville Campus
- Elizabeth for coordinating a Shoreline Clean up on the Cornwall Campus!
- The Student Association for hosting a Thrift Shop on the Kingston Campus
Upcoming SLC Events During Sustainability Month
- Taking Action Against Fast Fashion Workshop - October 22, 4:00 pm
- "The Wicked Problem of Waste and What We Can Do About It." Presentation by Dr. Myra Hird, a professor, elected Fellow of the Royal Society of Canada, and Queen's National Scholar in the School of Environmental Studies, Queen’s University, Canada