SLC has put forward five nominees for the 2023 CICan Awards of Excellence program. The awards recognize and promote excellence within Canadian colleges and institutes and gold, silver, or bronze prizes are awarded in nine different categories ranging from Student Leadership to Applied Research, Managerial and Non-Managerial staff, EDI, and more.
Each nomination is reviewed by an independent selection committee with representation from across CICan member institutions and winners will be announced early in the New Year.
SLC nominations for 2023 CICan Awards of Excellence are:
- The Leadership Excellence Award for Students: Madyson Kiepprien-Fraser who is demonstrating leadership and creativity as part of the team of student employees at Spark.
- The Leadership Excellence Award for Managerial Staff (2 nominations in this category)
- Ekta Singh for her leadership of the Belonging + EDI Task Force.
- Rose Gavin and Glenna Schaillee for their work leading the five College consortium to develop and deliver workforce solutions in the Health sector in Eastern Ontario.
- The Program Excellence Award – Integrating Digital Micro-Credentials into Correction Canada’s Learning Management System.
- The Excellence in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Award – for SLC’s creation of a Spiritual Care Facilitator role that resulted from the internationalization collaboration.
If you know someone or a project that should be considered for an award next year, please email email@example.com for consideration. SLC has a working group with members from across the College helping organize and submit nominations.