SLC’s Library team is excited to announce new and expanded services for contactless book pickup, scanning service, and book returns in Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall. Services will continue to expand in the coming weeks. Watch for updates in the newsletter.
This service is for current staff, faculty, and students who are authorized to be on campus and have completed the mandatory access requirements.
1. Search for the print book or other physical item in Discover OneSearch or Library Catalogue
- Any item not already signed out is available to request for pickup
- Requests cannot be guaranteed
- Requests will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis
2. Complete the Book Pickup Request Form
- You will receive an email confirming your library request has been received
3. Library staff will gather the requested item and sign it out to you on your library account
- Books will be signed out until the end of the semester, due May 1, 2021
- After May 1, replacement fees may apply. Contact the library if you are not able to return the item on time
4. You will receive a notification email when your item is ready for pick up. Follow all instructions in this email to pick up your library item. Do not proceed to campus until you receive confirmation that your request is ready.
- Your requested item will be available for pick up for two weeks, after which it will be returned to the shelves
- The same item can be requested again
Email us at KLibrary@sl.on.ca with any questions.
Note: The library is NOT open for in-person browsing.
Library Scanning Service
The SLC Libraries Book and Journal Scanning Service is available to all current SLC students, faculty, and staff.
SLC students, faculty, and employees may submit a request for scanning to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This service is completed virtually by library staff and does not require a visit to campus. This service is intended to support studying and teaching needs for current courses. Generally, in accordance with Fair Dealing Policy, a short excerpt (for example, a book chapter or single article) can be requested by an individual for research purposes.
The Library Scanning Service, known as Controlled Digital Lending, requires an assessment of each request to ensure copyright compliance. Requests may be filled in several ways, including the acquisition of a licensed electronic copy, or scanning of print items in the SLC collection.
- This service is only available for items currently in the Library Collection in physical/print format. Faculty intending to distribute copies to a class of students should consult with Katherine McMillan, Copyright Technician at email@example.com prior to placing a request
- Information about Copyright and Fair Dealing
The library is now accepting returns of library materials. Please contact the library for current drop-off locations.
All outstanding loans have been extended to May 1, 2021. No fines or fees will be charged. Due to quarantine procedures for library materials, items may not be immediately cleared from your library account.