St. Lawrence College celebrated its first cohort of the Contemporary Educator Program (CEP) on June 11 as 13 new full-time faculty celebrated their two-year learning journey with colleagues.
The virtual celebration highlighted the various milestones each faculty achieved during their matriculation in the professional learning program. These activities included designing a Digital Teaching & Learning Portfolio, exploring a topic within a larger Teaching & Learning Research Project, and completing a Leadership Development Activity that impacted their roles as educators.
"The Contemporary Educator's Program provided a great opportunity to learn and practice new teaching methods in a safe and supportive environment. There was strong and encouraging camaraderie with lots of time for quiet introspection. A wonderful educational and interpersonal experience!" said Beverley A. Bowley, Program Coordinator and Professor, Hospitality, Kingston campus.
"The CEP provided us with many new teaching skills as well as a supportive community of practice," said Mark Bergin, Program Coordinator and Professor, Music and Digital Media, Kingston campus.
The program was created by the School of Contemporary Teaching & Learning (SCTL) and is supported through various partnerships with other departments such as Student Services, Student Wellness & Accessibility, SLC Library, ITS, and HROD. The SCTL will be collecting more feedback on the program in hopes of replicating some elements for future professional learning programs.
- Alynn Boyle, Professor – Accounting (Kingston)
- Beverley A. Bowley, Program Coordinator and Professor - Hospitality (Kingston)
- Brad Barbeau, Professor – Computer Systems Technician (Kingston)
- John P. McGrath, Professor – Mechanical Technician (Kingston)
- Jordan Ann Kevan de Haan, Program Coordinator and Professor - Environmental Technician (Cornwall)
- Karin Zekveld, Professor – BScN (Kingston)
- Mark Bergin, Program Coordinator and Professor – Music & Digital Media (Kingston)
- Muhammad Owais Aziz – Professor, Health Sciences (Cornwall)
- Rob Phippen, Professor – Accounting and Marketing (Kingston)
- Robin Cox, Professor – General Arts and Science: English for Academic Purposes (Kingston)
- Scott Thompson, Professor – Electrical Engineering Technician (Kingston)
- Valerie Fiset, Professor – BScN (Brockville)
- Victoria Obress, Professor – Health Information Management (Kingston)
Program Contact: André Léger, Associate Dean - SCTL