Written by Robyn Saaltink, Research Services Officer
The Research Office is excited to announce the launch of the SLC Scholarship Fund. The SLC Scholarship fund will support SLC faculty and staff to stay current in their fields (both professional fields as well as teaching and learning*) by providing funding for a wide range of high-quality creation, knowledge dissemination, process and evaluation, or peer learning activities and projects. Scholarship activities are activities that enable faculty and staff to meaningfully and actively participate in their areas of expertise.
All SLC employees with an idea for an innovation or knowledge generation, dissemination, or acquisition activity or project are eligible to apply for scholarship funding to cover some or all of the costs associated with their project. Successful applicants will receive up to $5000 towards the direct costs of their project.
Specific examples of eligible scholarship activities include
- presenting at a conference,
- evaluating a program or service,
- preparing a publication for a trade magazine,
- writing a chapter for a textbook, or
- designing and implementing an innovative curricular or co-curricular opportunity for students.
The Scholarship Fund Description document has more examples of eligible projects. SLC employees can apply anytime – grants will be awarded on a rolling basis. Please note that applications for research projects on aspects of teaching and learning should be made to the ignite fund. Keep reading to learn where to find out more and how to apply.
The Scholarship Fund Description document provides an overview of SLC Scholarship Fund requirements, eligibility, funding available, and process.
The SLC Scholarship Teams Site includes information, important documents, and step-by-step instructions on applying to the fund.
To apply to the SLC Scholarship Fund, submit the following using the SLC Scholarship Fund Webform:
- A completed Scholarship Fund Application Form
- Brief applicant and co-applicant information (questions embedded on the webform)
- Project information (questions embedded on the webform)
- Confirmation of supervisor support (requested on the webform)