With the completion of the SkillsAdvance Ontario (SAO) Health Care project with the Eastern Ontario College Consortium (EOCC), Innovation and Business Engagement at SLC
is pleased to share the exceptional results with this video.
Funded by the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development (MLITSD), the SAO Health Care Grant was delivered by the EOCC comprised of SLC, Algonquin, Loyalist, Fleming, and La Cité. This project went from having no staff in place in April 2021 to exceeding targets by the project end date of December 2022.
- Designed and delivered training to over 666 job seekers and 2200 incumbent workers
- Developed new curriculum in approximately 15 areas of content
- Provided resources to purchase equipment with a value of over $800K
- Connected with over 180 regional employers to provide workforce development
- Trained 200+ job seekers and 625+ incumbent workers, for a total of 825 participants
- Invested in upskilling 160+ RNs in SLC’s Critical Care program
- Launched a new program at SLC “Management Training for Nurses,” upskilling 50 nurses in our area
- Curriculum developed for EOCC included: Equitable Indigenous Care, Mealtime Assistance, and Basic Practices for Non-Clinical Health Care
- Invested $375K in lab equipment such as critical care patient manikins, phlebotomy lab, and hospital beds
- Provided much needed training and support in Akwesasne-Tsiionkwanonhso:te long-term care facility
Funding provided by the Government of Ontario. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org