Story submitted by Brian Benn, Belonging, Human Resources, and Organizational Development, on behalf of the LCC Planning Committee
As Spring 2022 approaches the weather warms up and staff start to anticipate the return of our annual Learning Connections Conference (LCC) on May 30-31! Your LCC Core Planning Committee has been working hard through the cold winter months to plan a dynamic all-staff LCC and we are very pleased to introduce Dr. Robyne Hanley-Dafoe, as our Keynote Presenter for the 2022 LCC. Many of you recognize our keynotes name and reputation, but here are a few insights to highlight Dr. Robyne Hanley-Dafoe:
- Recognized as one of the most sought-after, engaging, thought-provoking, and truly transformative international speakers and scholars in her field
- Is a multi-award-winning education and psychology instructor, author, and expert of resiliency, wellness, and change
- Author of the book, Calm Within The Storm: A Pathway to Everyday Resiliency, released in March 2021
- A graduate of St. Lawrence College!
Save the Dates
be sure to save the 2022 LCC dates in your calendar: May 30-31, 2022.
Call for Program Development Sub-Committee Members is now Open
We are pleased to share an open invitation to all employees to put their name forward as a member of the LCC Program Development Sub-Committee. This committee is tasked with reviewing the workshop proposals and working with community members to help shape the overall learning experience of the conference.
- All employees are eligible to apply (i.e., support staff, faculty, and administrators) regardless of their employment status (e.g., part-time, partial load, sessional, contract, or full-time)
- Planning meetings will take place virtually in March/April and will coincide with the call for proposals
- LCC theme for this year is “Reconnect, Reflect, & Recharge”
- LCC event will take place on Monday, May 30 and Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- Submit your application before March 14 at 4:00pm to be considered for this meaningful learning opportunity.
Access the application for Program Development Sub-Committee (note: you will need your SLC credentials to access this Microsoft Form) and visit the website to follow the conference updates.
If you have any questions about the survey, please connect with us via our conference email at LCC@sl.on.ca.