The Kingston campus features a brand-new facility that includes a new fitness centre. Brockville and Cornwall campuses both feature a gymnasium and recently updated fitness centres with cardio and weight rooms. The cities of Kingston, Brockville, and Cornwall offer access to community tennis courts, outdoor basketball, soccer fields, swimming pools, baseball diamonds, water sports, and more.
The Kingston campus offers a new fitness centre that is known as the Student Health and Athletic Centre (SHAC). The SHAC features floor to ceiling glass walls looking into the gymnasium on one side, while offering views outside on the other side including the College's beach volleyball courts and soccer field. There are more than 40 pieces of cardio equipment and a wide variety of weight equipment including a lifting area featuring several squat racks and artificial turf.
Full change rooms are available including daily use lockers, private change room and individual shower stalls. For longer-term locker storage, please see the SLC Kingston Student Association for lockers available outside of the SHAC.
The SHAC is operated by the YMCA of Eastern Ontario, giving St. Lawrence College Kingston students access to the YMCA of Kingston (directly across from the Kingston Centre) located at:
100 Wright Crescent
Amenities at the YMCA of Kingston include:
- Edward Ratcliffe Aquatic Centre featuring a 25-metre swimming pool and the Ronald McDonald House Charities 18-metre hydrotherapy/leisure pool
- Peter and Frances Splinter Fitness Centre featuring a 4,500 sq. ft. functional fitness zone
- Access to certified strength trainers for program set-up and assistance
- Rob McCormick Memorial Squash Centre featuring 2 international-size squash courts
- 1,800-sq.-ft. group fitness studio
- Empire Life Health and Wellness Centre
- Dry heat saunas and private shower areas
- Elevator access to 2nd floor programming areas
- Free parking
- Full-service café
At the SHAC, there is a certified YMCA Personal Trainer on hand in the conditioning area. All full-time SLC students receive a FREE 60-minute orientation session to the Fitness Centre equipment. A 30-minute personal training session is available each month.
- All full-time students, no matter the academic delivery, can access the SHAC.
- Staff with memberships can resume accessing the space. Those looking to purchase a monthly pass can do so by completing this form.
Yellow Wing – First Floor – Rm. 13050
Operation Hours (Fall 2023)
- Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 9:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Ensure you use the sanitizing spray and thoroughly spray & wipe down your equipment after use.
- Users cannot occupy more than one piece of equipment at a time (i.e. finish using your machine/equipment, sanitize, then proceed to next machine/equipment).
- Full-Time Kingston Students have full access to the SHAC with a valid student ID, use of the YMCA of Kingston facility.
- SLC part-time students taking 3 or more courses, Career/College Prep, or on a reduced course load – you can purchase the full YMCA membership. A 30-day Flex Pass trial membership is available to part-time students. Once the trial expires, users may purchase a YMCA of Eastern Ontario adult membership granting full access to Kingston YMCA.
- St. Lawrence College and contracted staff can purchase a Staff pass by clicking this link
Interested in purchasing a pass? Head to the Student Services Centre and speak to a student services representative!
Click here to see the group fitness schedules for the SHAC, YMCA of Kingston.
SLC Brockville’s Fitness Centre includes a full cardio room and a complete weight room with strength training machines and free weights. Change rooms and showers are available.
Blue Wing – Second Floor – Rm. 284
*subject to change due to staff availability
- Students must present a valid Student ID Card to enter.
- No food or drink is allowed, except water bottles.
- Failure to follow guidelines or direction from Athletics staff/security personnel will result in loss of privileges.
Full and Part-Time Students have full access to the Fitness Centre with a valid student ID. If you are a member of the staff, faculty, or community, please contact the Athletics and Student Life Coordinator below to find out more information.
Brockville YMCA Access
All full-time students are eligible to access the Brockville YMCA facilities free of charge. Please bring your SLC student ID and/or photo ID, follow all guidelines and procedures regarding COVID vaccination/documentation. Please read this thoroughly before accessing the YMCA.
SLC Cornwall’s fitness centre includes a full cardio room and a complete weight room with strength training machines and free weights. Change rooms, showers and daily use lockers are available.
- Monday 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Tuesday 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday 8:00am - 7:30pm
- Thursday 8:00am - 9:00pm
- Friday 8:00am - 8:30pm
- Saturday 10:00am - 4:00pm
- Sunday 2:00 - 9:00pm
*subject to change due to staff availability
Full-Time Students have full access to the Fitness Centre with a valid student ID. Part-Time Students and staff can access the space at a small cost. Please contact the Athletics Coordinator below to find out more information.
PoliciesStudents must present a valid Student ID Card to enter. No food or drink is allowed, except water bottles. Failure to follow guidelines or direction from Athletics staff/security personnel will result in loss of privileges.