This program includes all the in-school training required to complete the requirements of the Apprenticeship Program as defined by the Apprenticeship Branch of the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
- Level 1 Apprenticeship Program Code 1006
- Level 2 Apprenticeship Program Code 1007
Program length is 34 weeks with one 7-hour day per week in-school for each of the two levels of study (Level 1 and Level 2). The apprentice will work on the job for the other four days per week. Completing the in-school program and on-the-job training usually takes about four years.
This program is funded in part by the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
This Hairstyling Apprenticeship Program is an alternative to our Hairstyling Fast-Track Ontario College Diploma program. This Hairstyling Apprenticeship Program will appeal to individuals currently employed in a salon who are working toward obtaining the provincial Certificate of Qualification as a Hairstylist.
Foundational skills are reinforced in Level 1 and Level 2 courses along with the on-the-job training acquired through sponsorship. Apprentices will learn how to:
- Adhere to workplace health and safety procedures
- Perform sanitization procedures
- Perform routine salon functions and service fundamentals
- Treat scalp and hair
- Cut and style hair
- Perform colour services
- Perform a chemical wave
- Perform chemical texture services (Level 2)
- Work with wigs, hairpieces, and extensions (Level 2)
The apprentice must be:
- Sponsored by an employer
- Registered with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development
- Registered with the Ontario College of Trades
Our Kingston campus has seen significant renovation over the past few years, including a brand new Student Life and Innovation Centre that houses a new gymnasium, fitness centre, pub, and more.
- Hair Stylist or Barber
- Design, Colour, or Texture Specialist
- Salon Owner, Manager, or Trainer
- Self-Employed/ Contract Stylist/ Freelance Artist
- Sales Consultant
- Manufacturer Educator/Representative/Platform Artist
- Editorial, Theatrical or Film Stylist
- Industry Instructor/Facilitator
613.544.5400 ext. 6823
Contact a member of our recruitment team
1.800.463.0752 and ask for Recruiting