Reb Review Process
- SLC-REB Review Process for Research Involving Human Participants
- Screening Tool for Researchers: A Brief Survey to Help You Understand Whether Your Proposed Research Project Requires REB Review
STUDENT COURSE-BASED RESEARCH
ONTARIO COMMUNITY COLLEGE MULTI-SITE REVIEW PROCESS
- REC-P Process for Review: Guidelines for Research Ethics for Behavioural Psychology Thesis Projects
- REC-P Guidelines for Creating an Informed Consent Document
- SLC-REB Go-No-Go Checklist
- Creating an Informed Consent Form Guide (Generic)
- Checklist for Questionnaires
- SLC-REB Telephone Contact Form
During the course of research, a researcher may encounter situations that will alter their project’s goals or objectives. It is the responsibility of the researcher to notify the REB if circumstances require the researcher to amend, or change, the approved application by submitting the SLC-REB Request for Amendment Form.
REB approvals are valid for one year. It is expected researchers will have completed data collection within this period. For projects continuing to require REB approval, the SLC-REB Request for Renewal Form should be used to request an extension.
Upon completion of the project, a SLC-REB Completion/Termination of Project Form is to be submitted to the Research Department. A copy of this form is included with your REB approval, and is also available online through the Research Department’s website.
*REC-P students (only) - Project Completion/Termination/Abandoned Form