Why Work at SLC?
- SLC values our employees and our students as embedded in our Strategic Plan
- Offer a diverse, inclusive work environment where we foster our value of Belonging to make every employee feel respected and valued for their unique perspectives
- SLC has a unique, caring and tight-knit culture – we are all #proudtobeslc
- Three campus locations situated along the beautiful St. Lawrence River - Brockville, Cornwall and Kingston
- Our cities are exciting communities with history and charm, vibrant arts and culture, and abundant outdoor recreation – all in close proximity to Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto and the USA.
- Southeastern Ontario offers affordable living and unparalleled quality of life.
- Opportunities for growth
- Embrace diversity of ideas, culture and experiences
- Average Employee Engagement rate of 82% from the last two surveys, which is higher than other post-secondary institutions provincially
LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES FOR EMPLOYEES
SLC provides many opportunities for learning and growth including but not limited to:
A 3-part orientation is offered to all newly hired Administrators at SLC. This series assists new hires with becoming familiar with all that the College has to offer, including how we are structured, details about our organization policies and programs, our strategic directions and how we work together to achieve them.
The External PD Fund offers funding opportunities for SLC faculty, staff and administrators to attend a professional development event, e.g., conferences, workshops, etc., offered outside of the College.
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
St. Lawrence College provides funding to support faculty, staff and administrators as they seek to add to their credentials. This funding program offers a partial reimbursement by semester throughout the length of the employee’s credential program.
- Partial Tuition Bursary for Dependents
Spouses and dependents (under the age of 25) of full-time SLC employees are eligible to seek partial tuition reimbursement when attending an SLC program full-time. They may seek this benefit for up to 8 semesters enrolled in our ministry funding programs.
For full-time and ongoing part-time SLC employees are eligible to take ministry funded SLC courses for $20 per course.
St. Lawrence College prides itself on recognizing the achievement of its employees. We honor each five-year milestone reached and host an annual Employee Awards event where we celebrate nominees in six categories.
A tri-campus, annual event is held allowing all SLC employees to come together for a two-day professional development event. This event, hosted by the College’s President, is highly anticipated provides keynote presenters, multiple workshops and promotes the positive relationships and culture at SLC.
This program is delivered in four modules each taking place over two days. The training is delivered by an expert facilitator and offers high-end leadership content focused on leadership development at three levels: individual, team and organization. A forth module focuses on the leader as coach. It has been described by past participants as being “the most rich learning experience of my career”. Employees at all levels within the organization are encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
Strategic succession planning discussions are held annually by HR&OD and College management teams to identify employees with high potential for future leadership and development roles.
An annual event to focus on the professional development of SLC support staff includes the opportunity to meet with colleagues from other colleges in the Eastern Region. The three-day event takes place off-site and offers excellent sessions and keynote speakers.
Benefits and Pension
Employees at St. Lawrence College are able to enroll in the CAAT Pension Plan, which is a defined benefit plan. Enrolment in the plan is mandatory for full-time employees and is optional for non-full-time employees. To learn more about the CAAT Pension Plan, you can visit their website here: www.caatpension.on.ca
Group insurance benefits through Sun Life Financial are available to full-time and partial-load employees. To learn more about this coverage, you can read through the benefits booklets linked below. Please note that the applicable employee group for each benefit booklet is indicated on the cover page.
Can’t find the information you are looking for? We would be happy to assist you, please contact us at one of the email addresses below:
- Employment Opportunities Inquiries: Employ@sl.on.ca
- General HR&OD Inquiries: HRInfo@sl.on.ca
- General Organizational Development Inquiries: ODLearning@sl.on.ca