This two-year Ontario College Diploma program prepares students to work as practical front-line service providers in a variety of social service settings.
The SSW program gives you the opportunity to learn to work with many different populations of people, such as those with mental health problems, addiction problems, seniors who require extra support, children with behaviour problems, women who have been abused, people who live in poverty and/or are homeless, and adolescents who live in group homes.
Our program includes:
• Several field placements
• Professors with experience in the field
• Relevant classes emphasizing active learning, skill-based learning, hands-on activities, practical assignments • Eligibility to join the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and use the title “Registered Social Service Worker”.
Field Placement Experience: Practical training is provided through field placement opportunities. Field placement choices are made with the students’ professional growth in mind.
Some examples are placements with:
• families on social assistance
• seniors and their families
• women who have suffered abuse
• new immigrants
• adults with addiction problems
• consumers of mental health services
• unemployed adults
• children in schools or group homes
With this program you’ll be career ready. Discover your career options at https://stlawrence.emsicareercoach.ca