- Department: Department: Libraries and Student Success
- Hours: Up to 35 hrs/week
- Number of Weeks: Up to 17 weeks
- Number of Positions: One (1)
Provides customer service to library patrons and assists in the operations of the Brockville Campus Library.
- Library Service desk duties including lending services
- Answer general phone inquiries
- Shelving books
- Mail duties as assigned
- Collection maintenance including inventory and shelf reading
- Assistance with library projects as assigned
- On occasion may be asked to perform other duties as assigned, such as special functions (i.e., orientation, open house, awards dinners, etc.)
- Punctual, reliable and friendly
- Demonstrated integrity and professional ethics
- Professional conduct
- Service oriented
- Strong understanding of standard computer applications and social media (MS Word, Teams, Excel, & Email)
- Ability to carry out physical work
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience using Library systems (SIRSI) and software an asset
terms of employment
- Rate of pay: $15.29 / hour (including 6% vacation pay).
- This position falls under the provisions of Student Employees in the Full-time Support Staff Collective Agreement and is subject to union dues.
- The student must be currently enrolled at St. Lawrence College.
- The student must demonstrate a financial need by filling out the Employment On-Campus Assessment Form, be in good academic standing and sign a confidentiality statement.
- BBA, Second Career and Apprenticeship students are not eligible for funding by the Student Employment On-Campus Program. They are still encouraged to apply, as additional funding options may be available.
Posted Date: June 15, 2021
Closing Date: June 29, 2021
- Complete the Application form (Apply Now button).
- Please have your resumé and cover letter ready in ONE document, using naming convention “LastName, FirstName” (i.e., Smith,Joe). Your document should be in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format.
- Your application is not complete until you have completed the Student Employment On-Campus Assessment Form.