- Job ID SUPP-REG-12-PT-21-22-039
- Location: Brockville or Kingston
- Deadline: Opened Until Filled
- Job Type: Regular Part Time Support
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Finance
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Part-time
Reporting to the Associate Director of Procurement Services, with the functional guidance of the College stakeholders. The incumbent provides procurement support to Academic Divisions, Facilities Maintenance, IT and Corporate departments. The incumbent liaises with College stakeholders and guides them in adhering to purchasing policies and procedures, Broader Public Sector Procurement Directives BPS and Contract compliance. Responsibilities include entering requisitions, staging, and sourcing approved Purchase Orders (POs), and tracking / closing PO’s after final payment into PeopleSoft (Finance). Follow up on acquisitions (delivery, customs, receipt), verifying accuracy of invoicing, tracking expenditures within budget limits, reviewing departmental transaction logs etc. Preparing and collecting quotations from suppliers as requested by stakeholders. Preparing return documentation (RGA) for incorrect shipments, damaged goods, or quality issues.
Education and Experience:
- A one-year Community College Certificate in Office Administration or other business studies (or equivalent) is required.
- A minimum of two years experience supporting the requisitioning of goods and services, as well as procurement requests, within an organization (preferably in a public sector) to meet customer needs.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of purchasing procedures and practices.
- Proficiency in computer applications - word processing, spreadsheet, email (MS Office Suite), internet, etc.
- Familiar with a web-based Financial Information System (PeopleSoft preferred).
- Ability to track data and prepare purchasing reports.
- Accurate keyboarding and data entry skills.
- Effective English communication skills (verbal/written)
- Excellent scheduling and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Reliable record-keeping, filing, and retrieval skills.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment.
PHYSICAL/WORK ENVIRONMENT ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Computerized office environment.
- The successful incumbent must have the ability to work from a remote environment with reliable internet access and adhere to the college’s telework policy, as required.
Salary & Terms
Support Group: Pay Band E
Hours per week: 24
Start Rate: $24.43/hour, plus 6% vacation pay
Posted Date: May 18, 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A REGULAR, 12 MONTHS A YEAR, PART-TIME BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
This competition will be processed in accordance with College policy, the Academic and Support Staff Collective Agreements. In addition to comparing candidates’ qualifications and experience to the listed technical skills, education, work experience, and personal characteristics (values, attitudes, motivation, and performance), the seniority of Bargaining Unit members will be considered. If the search extends beyond the Bargaining Unit, consideration will be given to accumulated service with the College.
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.