- Job ID: SUPP-EXT-PT-21/22-091
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: July 28, 2021
- Job Type: Support
- Start Date: Immediately
- End Date: March 31, 2022
- Department: Employment Services
- Number of Positions: 1
The Resource Centre Specialist provides on-going support to Employment Service clients in assisting them with a successful job search. This position involves advising and assisting clients in preparing effective resume/cover letters, self-marketing and interview techniques, job search strategies and overcoming employment barriers. The incumbent supports the statistical data reporting for Ministry reports, collects other data and maintains financial tracking as deemed necessary. Other responsibilities include the following: Develops and delivers employment workshops; collects and maintains the resource library and electronic information; conducts research and local labor market trends analysis and maintains a comprehensive knowledge of socio-economic and employment trends.
Education and Experience:
Two-year Community College Diploma, or equivalent in a related field such as social sciences, business (human resources or marketing).
A minimum of two years of practical experience in a front-line, customer services environment.
Bilingualism in both English and French is required.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Effective communication (written and verbal) with strong facilitation skills including ability to design/deliver workshops is required.
- Background must include an understanding of labour market trends and experience with workshop development/facilitation.
- Effective listening skills to assess client program needs.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage a busy workload and establish priorities while dealing with frequent interruptions.
- Above average computer skills (data entry, internet, email), including working knowledge of a variety of computer software programs.
- Accurate keyboarding skills.
- Reliable problem-solving skills to resolve issues on a day-to-day basis.
- Multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Research skills to keep abreast of local, provincial, and federal current events and labour market trends and provide printed and electronic information for clients (labour market, education, business related, etc.).
- Knowledge of MLTSD Employment Service guidelines and College policies/procedures, including past practices.
- Knowledge of government legislation such as Occupational Health and Safety, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WHMIS.
- Knowledge of community services.
- Ability to travel within the Kingston area; the College does not provide transportation but reimburses employees for travel costs at the current College kilometrage rate.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
Prolonged periods of sitting and occasional light lifting.
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location and work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Support Group: Pay Band F
- Hours per week: 35
- Start Rate: $27.65/hour
- End Date: March 31, 2022
- Posted Date: July 22, 2021
- Closing Date: July 28, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A TERM BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.