- Job ID: SUPP-EXT-22/23-093
- Location: Tri-Campus
- Deadline: October 3, 2022
- Job Type: Support
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Financial Services
The Procurement Officer is an agent authorized by the College under the general direction of the Associate Director of Procurement & Ancillary Services, in assuring the best value for monies expended on supplies, materials, equipment and services. This incumbent manages all competitive sourcing activities, the sourcing process and methodology. This role is responsible for the needs analysis process, strategy, benchmarking, vendor identification and implements rules, regulations, and policies. The incumbent works independently with a high degree of professionalism, taking a proactive approach from the initial customer request throughout the procurement process.
The Procurement Officer is accountable to ensure fair and open procurement competitions; assist with the development and administration of purchasing Policies and Procedures; ensure that purchasing services are delivered with a 'value-added' customer service orientation while meeting all College policies, Broader Public Sector (BPS) Procurement Directives, Trade Agreements, Purchasing Management Best Practices and Professional Ethics.
The Procurement Officer will consult with internal clients to identify needs, investigate Suppliers and products, prepare Request for Solicitations (RFx), administer the competitive procurement process, and prepare and review contracts. The incumbent will negotiate terms and conditions with Suppliers and manage Supplier performance.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 2-year diploma in Purchasing/Supply Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Professional Designation in Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP). A OPBA Principles Certificate Program.
A minimum of 5 years of practical experience in procurement, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the public sector environment. Direct, current, and progressive experience in Supply Management with responsibility for: meeting customer requirements, supplier sourcing, commodity management, p-card administration, pricing and negotiations, meeting price/quality/service metrics, supplier relations. A minimum of 1 year of experience in the effective utilization of the Purchasing modules of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Experience using business software, including spreadsheets, word processing, databases, presentations, internet search tools, ERP systems and reporting tools. Experience managing a wide variety of competitive processes, for both small- and large-scale projects. Experience with CCDC documents for construction projects will be considered an asset.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Progressive procurement experience with the demonstrated ability to assess and determine appropriate procurement strategies and documentation as well as effectively conduct bid/proposal analysis/evaluation.
- Experience working in a complex environment with diverse spend categories and proven ability to adapt and manage projects in a changing environment.
- Ability to interpret and articulate trade agreements and tendering law.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities to improve efficiencies, promote bid competition and/or lower contract costs through the procurement process.
- Contract management, dispute resolution, data analytics experience including interpreting data and making recommendations, collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills, verbally and in writing, with all levels of client and Supplier personnel as well as excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Experience managing projects of various complexity.
- Experience using eProcurement, eSourcing systems such as Bonfire or MERX.
- Ability to travel between college campuses and other locations such as Supplier sites
- Access to a reliable mode of transportation.
- Advanced experience in Microsoft applications including Excel and Word.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Support Group: Pay Band I
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Start Rate: $35.83/hour
- Posted Date: September 22, 2022
- Closing Date: October 3, 2022 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME BARGAINING UNIT POSITION
This competition will be processed in accordance with College policy, the Academic and Support Staff Collective Agreements. In addition to comparing candidates’ qualifications and experience to the listed technical skills, education, work experience, and personal characteristics (values, attitudes, motivation, and performance), the seniority of Bargaining Unit members will be considered. If the search extends beyond the Bargaining Unit, consideration will be given to accumulated service with the College.
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Belonging, Human Resources and Organizational Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact email@example.com and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.