- Job ID: SUPP-EXT-20-21-077
- Location: Tri-Campus
- Deadline: January 29/ 2021
- Job Type: Support
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: IT Systems
- Number of Positions: 1
The incumbent is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining software solutions related to the St. Lawrence College information systems, using a variety of Microsoft technologies. Currently the portfolio of information systems includes a number of complex mission critical applications such as the student information system, the human resources and payroll system, the financial system, the online learning management system, the St. Lawrence College public website content management system, the School of Online and Continuing Education ecommerce system and student portal. The college is establishing Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Nintex Workflow and SQL Server 2014 as its platforms for delivering a variety of information services, to consolidate disparate information, and to streamline business processes. The incumbent will leverage a variety of Microsoft and 3rd party development technologies to establish and deliver new information services and business process automation on this platform.
The incumbent will work on projects that are managed according to the Project Management Institute (PMI) principles and the St. Lawrence College ITS department’s project management methodologies. The incumbent will not be required to act as a project manager, but must be able to perform some functions to support the project management process such as providing input into the development of a project plan, estimation of task effort, tracking of actual effort for tasks performed and identification of risks related to their work. The incumbent will work in a team model where their specific activities, task assignments and priorities will be determined in collaboration with other Information Systems team members, the project team, the assigned Project Managers, and the Director of Information Systems in order to support the overall ITS objectives for solution delivery and project success.
Education and Experience:
Minimum 3-year Diploma or Degree in a Computer Science or Information Systems program of study that includes coverage of a wide range of topics including information technology, information management systems, databases, applications, networks and information security. An equivalent amount of education and experience may be considered.
Minimum 5 years of experience performing software development using Microsoft technologies and programming tools such as .NET, SQL Server T-SQL, SQL Server Integration Services, ASP.NET MVC, HTML 5, SQL Server Reporting Services and 3rd party tools such as Nintex Workflow. Foundation level project management training equivalent to the PMI CAPM designation content.
Other Required Qualifications:
- ITIL® Certification at the Foundation level or higher, based on the version 3 or newer framework.
- Microsoft Certifications related to SharePoint, SQL Server Development & Business Intelligence.
- NET Development, ASP.NET MVC, HTML 5
- Foundation level project management training equivalent to the PMI CAPM designation content; product level certification relevant to the college information system products such as Nintex Workflow.
- Additional product level certification relevant to the college information system products.
- Ability to multitask and focus attention within a busy environment subject to interruptions.
- Ability to investigate and analyse problems to determine the impact, scope and root cause and provide assistance in the resolution of incidents and fulfilment of service requests related to the college information systems.
- Ability to develop and maintain technical and non-technical competencies and certifications.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) to assist others and demonstrate procedures and to describe significant or complex issue resolutions or operational incidents.
- Client service orientation and responsiveness.
- Demonstrated and strong detail-orientation and accuracy.
- Collaborative approach, teamwork.
- Good interpersonal skills, tact.
- Strong evidence of continuous learning motivation.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Support Group: Pay Band “J”
- Hours per week: 35
- Start Rate: $37.52
- Posted Date: December 14, 2020
- Closing Date: January 29, 2021 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
The College is committed to employment equity. We encourage members of the designated groups to apply and self-identify. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. We will make appropriate accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process for applicants with disabilities on request, prior to the assessment phase. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.