- Job ID ADMN-PT-21-22-133
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: November 16, 2021 for first and immediate consideration. The position will then remain open until filled.
- Start Date: Immediately
- End Date: 9 months with possible extension
- Department: Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Term
The College has undertaken a multi-million-dollar project to capitalize on the power of PeopleSoft. We are seeking a candidate to join our PeopleSoft HCM Project revitalization team; this HCM project is the last of the three major projects. Under the supervision of the PeopleSoft Project Lead, you will lead a small project team to deliver one or more identified PeopleSoft HR and Payroll enhancements. You will seek to understand the current business and system process. You will evaluate PeopleSoft delivered functions to determine if they meet business requirements. There could be opportunity to complete a proof of concept. You will create functional specifications and design documents that assist your technical team members in turning the enhancement into reality. Your team will build test scripts and conduct testing on the enhancement. Your team will develop the future state system and business process maps and train users on how to incorporate the enhancement into their everyday work. You and your team will deliver the enhancement from inception to go live.
If you are the type of person who loves a challenge, thrives on the opportunity to improve existing processes and is motivated to make a difference, this is the position for you.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 3-year degree/diploma in Human Resources, Business Administration, or Information Technology.
A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience working in a business solutions environment including: experience in statistics, research, evaluation, analytical techniques, and execution. Strong proficiency in using, configuring, and troubleshooting PeopleSoft HCM key modules (Human Resources, Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor).
Other Required Qualifications:
- Knowledge of data extraction methods from PeopleSoft HCM for reporting (Query Manager, BI Publisher).
- Knowledge of Human Resources and/or Canadian Payroll best practices.
- Knowledge of policies and procedures in a unionized environment.
- Project management experience, in particular mapping current and future states, fit gap analysis and incorporating change management strategies
- Ability to lead, influence and support teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate across departmental teams.
- Microsoft Suite experience.
- Problem-solving skills
- Detail orientated.
- Organizational and presentation skills for training purposes.
- Customer/client service skills.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access due to COVID, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Administrative Group: Pay Band 10: $76, 753 - $95, 941 per annum, commensurate on education and experience, plus 6% vacation pay and 4% statutory holiday pay.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- End Date: 9 months, with possible extension.
- Posted Date: November 10, 2021
- Closing Date: November 16, 2021 for first and immediate consideration. The position will then remain open until filled.
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here button and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A TERM ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact email@example.com and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.