- Job ID: ADMN-22/23-175
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: February 2, 2023
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Marketing and Recruitment
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-Time
Reporting to the Associate Director, Recruitment the incumbent is responsible for managing the college’s team of domestic Recruitment Officers. This includes the development and implementation annual recruitment plan and associated tactics as well as developing, planning, and managing all college recruitment events. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for:
- The analysis and adaptation of recruitment strategies based on the needs of the college and the changes in both the external and internal environments.
- Liaising with other department/areas/schools within the college as well as with the community and high school staff to promote the college.
- Communicating post-secondary information to community and high school staff and acting as the college’s primary point of contact and spokesperson with these stakeholders and influencers as required.
- The effective and efficient use of the college’s CRM system, by the recruitment staff to capture all prospective student information through site visits, college events, campus tours and prospect telephony campaigns and recruitment staff and event activity.
- Budget planning and resource allocation for their team and all college recruitment events.
- Pursues the use of technology and automation to facilitate and optimize Recruitment’s business processes in order to achieve continual improvements on operational metrics.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 3-year diploma or degree in Business, Business Administration, or Marketing.
A minimum of 5 years of post-secondary recruitment experience or a combination of marketing and or sales experience in a complex environment. Experience using a Customer Relationship Management system to capture prospect/client contact data and manage staff activity. Experience dealing with a diverse group of stakeholders (both internally and externally). Experience in developing and implementing a sales or recruiting funnel or pipeline in order to provide forecasting/early-warning in achieving departmental targets.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Skills required: exceptional, interpersonal and team building skills, ability to motivate, project management, leadership, superior communication, and presentation ability (oral and written), interpersonal conflict management/resolution and negotiation, strong planning, intuitive, political astuteness, analytical, and advanced computer related skills.
- Experience in an academic institution, extensive experience with and a sound knowledge of the full marketing process including research, communication, and communication strategies.
- Good judgement, sound knowledge of the College system, the public school system (K-18), governments, universities, and community groups. Ability to consider and develop non-traditional approaches to recruitment.
- Strong knowledge of the post-secondary industry, the local market, and keen analytical skills to determine how to weight all factors to extract the best recruiting results for the college.
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location. Driving may be required occasionally. Lifting may be required occasionally. Travelling for visits, fairs, and events is required on an occasional basis. High paced environment with frequent interruptions is continuous.
Salary & Terms
- Admin Group: Pay Band 10: $77,520 - $96,900 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: January 24, 2023
- Closing Date: February 2, 2023 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.
This job opportunity is open to both internal and external applicants. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.