- Job ID: ADMN-22/23-158
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: Open Until Filled
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: Financial Services
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-Time
Reporting to the Associate Director, Budgets and Planning, the Senior Budget & Financial Analyst acts as a key resource and advisor to Budget Managers and College staff, in the preparation of budgets and forecasts. The Senior Budget & Financial Analyst is also responsible for completing various elements of the budgeting and forecasting processes and conducting financial reviews and analysis to support Management’s decision making. The Senior Budget & Financial Analyst develops and maintains financial and management reports that meet stakeholder requirements and delivers information and insight to support data-driven decision making. In addition, the Senior Budget & Financial Analyst supports the management of the finance and budgeting systems and the implementation of financial controls that enable sound financial management of the College and the integrity of financial data.
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 4-year degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting. Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) would be an asset.
A minimum of 5 years of proven experience developing budgets and performing financial analysis. Experience presenting complex financial, statistical, and other information. Experience working successfully with people at all organizational levels.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Exceptional analytical skills combined with intuition, creativity, and sound judgement
- Demonstrated understanding of financial analytics, planning, and forecasting techniques, as well as business processes
- Familiarity with Public Sector Accounting Standards
- Advanced working knowledge/competence in the use of integrated financial systems
- Knowledge and skills in the use of Peoplesoft nVision would be considered an asset
- Expert with advanced functions in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to explain accounting procedures to non-financial personnel across the diverse College community
- Ability to work successfully with diverse and sometimes conflicting interests and philosophies
- Ability to deal confidently with senior managers, staff members, Ministry representatives, etc
- Ability to resolve issues independently
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy.
Salary & Terms
- Admin Group: Pay Band 9: $68,911 - $86,140 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: December 15, 2022
- Closing Date: Open Until Filled
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.
This job opportunity is open to both internal and external applicants. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.