- Job ID: ADMN-22/23-149
- Location: Kingston
- Deadline: February 3, 2023
- Job Type: Administrative/Management
- Start Date: Immediately
- Department: IT Systems
- Number of Positions: 1
- Duration: Full-Time
Reporting to the Chief Information Security Officer and Director, IT Systems, the Associate Director, IT Systems PeopleSoft Systems is responsible for the direct management of the IT Systems PeopleSoft Systems team, and the operations and support of the IT Systems PeopleSoft Systems portfolio of services.
As the leader for the IT Systems PeopleSoft Systems team, the position is responsible for Business Analysis, IT Service Management, and IT Systems Architecture and Solution Design activities for related solutions and services. The Associate Director, IT Systems PeopleSoft Systems is responsible for performing project management duties for all IT Systems PeopleSoft Systems team projects, and for designated IT Systems projects. As a key leadership position within the IT Systems team the position is responsible for supporting the college information security program and for participation within the college Information Security Incident Management Team (ISIMT).
Education and Experience:
A minimum of a 3-year diploma/degree in a relevant field of study along with required technical training deemed sufficient and relevant for the position.
A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience in IT solutions architecture and systems administration, providing leadership in managing projects, gathering requirements, developing and analyzing solutions.
Other Required Qualifications:
Strong and broad understanding of the various components of enterprise IT solutions required to deliver effective IT systems including:
- cloud services;
- enterprise and web applications;
- storage and server infrastructure;
- data architecture and services;
- information security;
- software development;
- data centre environment;
- server and desktop virtualization;
- various client devices and technologies.
- Perform research and develop skills to advance and maintain competency in the area of IT Systems PeopleSoft Systems.
- Excellent judgement.
- Project Management: PMI Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation, with progression towards the Project Management Professional (PMP) and PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) designations
- IT Service Management: ITIL v4 Foundation, with progression towards Managing Professional and Strategic Leader designations
- Business Analysis: International Institute of Business Analysis Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) designation, with progression towards Certificate of Capability in Business Analysis (CCBA) designation
- IT Governance: ISACA COBIT 2019 Foundation Certification
- Information Security Management: ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) Certification
- IT and Information Security: CompTIA Security+; Palo Alto Networks Certified Cybersecurity Associate (PCCSA)
- Core Networking: CompTIA Network+
- PeopleSoft Systems: PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.5x Implementation Essentials
Physical/Work Environment Essential Requirements:
The successful incumbent must have the ability to report to the work location or work temporarily from a remote location with reliable internet access, as approved by the College and in accordance with the college’s Telework Policy. Incumbent may be required to travel occasionally to attend project meetings (Tri-campus). May be required to sit at a computer station for data entry, system testing, updates, etc. for a considerable period of time. Normal computerized office environment.
Salary & Terms
- Admin Group: Pay Band 11: $87,433 - $109,292 per annum, commensurate on education and experience. In addition to the salary, the position is eligible for pay for performance.
- Hours per week: 37.5
- Posted Date: December 6, 2022
- Closing Date: February 3, 2023 (4:00 p.m.)
How to Prepare your Application for Submission: You will be able to attach only one document to your application. To prepare your application: Combine your cover letter and resume as one document. Save your document in .PDF, .doc, or .docx format using Last Name, First Name as your naming convention. Click on the Apply Here link and complete the application form. Attach your cover letter/resume document to the application form.
THIS IS A FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE POSITION
St. Lawrence College is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage and welcome applications from members of the designated groups, including women, racialized minorities, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation and identity. St. Lawrence College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. SLC provides support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant's accessibility needs. Candidates requiring accommodation during the recruitment process are asked to contact Human Resources at email@example.com. To obtain a copy of this position vacancy or any of the position related documents in an alternate format please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and our Human Resources Consultants will address your requests for accommodation confidentially.
This job opportunity is open to both internal and external applicants. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.